Holiday Cherub-1997 by Mirabilia (Nora Corbett)

Hi everybody! Here is my progress on Mirabilia's Holiday Cherub (1997) I started it yesterday and spent some hours on stitching this little part. But I enjoyed the process very much.
This pattern is very special for me as here I try a lot of things I've never used before.
For example, it's the first time I'm stitching on linen. I always thought that it'd be a difficult task but now I see that for me, stitching on linen is easier than stitching on aida :)
Then, it's my first Mirabilia pattern. I love Mirabilia designs very much and always dreamed of stitching one. As I've never stitched on linen I chose this easy design to practise stitching both on linen and a Mirabilia pattern.
Also I tried Metallic thread by DMC for the first time. I must say that I didn't love this thread. It's a pain to use it :( I think those who are familiar with this thread can understand what I mean. ;) Though it's very hard to stitch with this thread the result is magnificent! I like very much how it sparkles.
In this pattern beads are the last things I use for the first time. I left beading to the end so, I can't say anything about it yet. I'll share my impression about it when I finish :)
Hope you'll like my progress.
Thank you for reading till the end:)

Section