Knitting needles effect gauge

I seen this, and was surprised how different needle can affectyou gauge. I thought i would share. I hope I have not put this in the wrongplace being that it is more informative than teaching you a new skill. If ihave put this in the wrong place please except my apologies

Needles made from adifferent material, can affect bothstitch and row gauge. I was curious how I would knit with my new needle set, soI designed an experiment.began with a ball of 100% wool yarn (Knit Picks Wool of theAndes Worsted) and 4 sets of size 7 needles, all made from different materials:1. Plastic Resin2. 2. Wooden3. 3. Metal4. 4. Carbon Fiber I knitted up a stockinette swatch (30 sts x 45 rows) witheach needle type, then blocked them all very, very carefully to be sure theyweren't stretchedAfter the swatches dried and kind of mellowed out for a while, I tookcareful gauge measurements. Then I used the results to figure the dimensionsfor an average sized sweater that is 200 sts wide and 150 rows tall.I was shocked!The results really surprised me: if I knitted a sweater with one kind ofneedle versus another, I would have about a 2" variation in either widthor length. That's a big difference!

I was also curious about differences in my "flat vs. circular" gauge because I've had trouble with sleeves not matching the sweater they are attached to. So I got to work on a circular swatch with my wooden dpns.
Results? There is a difference, of course. If I knitted my 200 st x 150 row sweater with a circular construction, it would come out 1.5" narrower than if I knitted it flat with the same wooden needles. Surprisingly, the row gauge was unaffected.
So what's the take-away from all this?
While your results would certainly vary from mine, I think it's important to be aware of how your tools can affect your finished objects and to use this knowledge to your advantage:
1. Knit your gauge swatch with the same needles you plan to knit the garment with.
2. Knit circular swatches for circular garments.
3. The more stitches in a row, the more a difference in gauge affects the finished measurements of the garment.
4. If you need to connect a circular-knitted sleeve to a flat-knitted body, make a separate circular gauge swatch. If you knit like I do, you might need to go up a needle size or switch to a needle made from a different material to get the correct gauge.
5. And for goodness sake, make large gauge swatches! (6"+ is a good rule of thumb)

i hope i did not put this in the wrong place
i hope you have found thins informative

thank you

Section