Crossstitches Publish time 2013-7-22 02:07

How do you organize your stash

How do you organize your stash, love te know:D

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 10:49

Following this thread

langstep Publish time 2013-7-22 11:27

Kits - i have stacked on there edges in a row on shelves (i have so many) trying to keep them in subject order.

Charts - i store them in plastic wallets on the shelves stacked on their edge, again in subject order or in ring binders.

Floss - My husband made me a storage board.He nailed in rows of small tacks onto a sheet of hardboard and then fixed onto the walls in my sewing room, I hang my floss on the tacks in numerical order .

The rest of my stash - hoops, scissors, needles etc. are supposed to be in various storage boxes in my sewing room, although they appear to be scattered about the house.

All the bits I am using for my current project are in a storage box on a small table next to my easy chair in the lounge where I stitch.

Crossstitches Publish time 2013-7-22 11:41

great way to store your stash, thanks for helping

Jazzi Publish time 2013-7-22 14:33

Edited by Jazzi at 2013-7-22 00:37

My DMC floss has been stored in "floss away" bags and in numerical order, in rings by the 100's like (200-299 on a ring, 300-399 on a ring etc) with 1-799 in one plastic shoe box, 800- on in another shoe box for over 20 years. Now that I am getting the different brands and types (Weeks Dye Works, Dinky Dyes, DMC perle #5 etc) They are being placed in ziploc snack bags, labelledand put in plastic shoe boxes according to brand at this time. I have cardboard labeled and separating the flosses by number. All those plastic shoe boxes are being stored next to the couch on a bookshelf.

All material is ironed when I get it and hung on pants hangers to make sure fold marks are out. Once they are as fold free as possible, they are then laid out in a huge rubbermaid storage container under our bed, separated by brand, count, and color. Very expensive, over-dyed that may bleed is kept rolled up in PVC pipes in another rubbermaid container. Needles are separated by size in small plastic boxes, sewing fabric and notions are stored in a 3 drawer unit in my crafts area. All booklets and patterns are stored in top-loading plastic sheet protectors and sorted by difficulty, size, holiday, and type in three ring binders. 2 to 3 current projects are stored in my coffee table (it is a "cocktail coffee table) with the top that raises high enough to place drinks on. Inside it has a small bit of storage area and there are 4 small drawers which hold notions, fabric, scissors, hoops, sewing thread, pins, pin cushions etc.

My lap frame sits next to my coffee table and I have my Pako needle organizer on the coffee table with a small container holding the threads in their "floss away" bags for the current project. I have a "Stitchbow" roll, that holds the floss for another small project that I am working on and last but not least I have a 3 ring binder holder floss for a third small project. I will be purchasing 2 more Pako Thread Organizers because they are so wonderful and I want one for each project:)

The few kits I have are broken apart and the patterns and contents placed in a zippered plastic bag with the fabric ironed and labelled with the needles taken out so they don't rust.

My "Scream House" is in the box it came from other than the fabric which is hanging as I anticipate starting that project soon.

My SAL project is slowly being put together in its own plastic container other than the material which has been hung and labelled and will be put into a PVC pipe until I'm ready to start. It is a large project that calls for a lot of Kreinik which I will be buying in a few weeks. I received the material finally on Friday. :)

LouAnna Publish time 2013-7-23 00:35

I'm not as organized as Jazzi, but my material is pressed and hanging on skirt hangers in the closet........ it's great when you want to find the right size and colour.   My floss is sorted into sandwich bags by 100's.   These are in a large plasic box.   My anchor floss is in a clear shoe box and my assorted flosses, bits and bobs in yet another.I do have a 3 drawer cabinet that contains, finished small pieces, instructions and unopened small kits.
My larger kits are stored beside it........ all still sealed and NIP.

Crossstitches Publish time 2013-7-24 14:26

great ways to store, thanks for the tips

freebies Publish time 2013-8-4 09:43

I don't have any suggestion, mine is too messy..here and there, sometimes I got confused where I put my wip and so start a new one :)

Besumas Publish time 2013-8-4 12:21

I am not so well organized at all, yet notice that mine fits for my needs right now.
I keep the bags kits come inand store the finished projects, pattern and some thresad of eachcolor used next to the description. Otherwise I have sorted my floss (right word?) by colors in green, blue ..etc.
My needles are separate as well.
There is not much more, I think. But erygood hints from you, thank you

1debbie2 Publish time 2013-8-5 00:59

I have my floss by the numbers in envelopes

MichelleB Publish time 2013-8-6 09:41

you give me hope
i want to be organised but i just seem to have too much
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: How do you organize your stash