waterlillie Publish time 2013-8-23 22:18

Design Help

I'm going to be a grandmother in November (it's a girl), and I'm looking for a birth anouncement. My daughter-in-law loves dolphins. I have been unable to find a birth announcement with dolphins. I finally found this kit on ebay:

I thought I could take off the green stuff around the edges and put the baby's name on the top and the date & weight down either side. Do you think this would work OK, or do you have a better idea (or know of a better pattern)? I have no experience designing patterns, I'll have to find a font, and figure out where to put the letters.My husband says she'll probably be 4 or 5 before it's done.

LouAnna Publish time 2013-8-24 04:04

Hi Jean, there are tons of alphabets available here on chcross so you don't have to "design" the lettering.Just gridding and centering the name(s) etc.
Two ideas come to mind when you said you were going to remove the green....... put the name at the top...... leaving of course a lot more fabric for the stitching.Move the cherubs down at the bottom a few lines for date and weight.They don't appear to be touching the border.
Just my two cents.   I'm sure everyone else will have different ideas for you to think over.:)

medillon61 Publish time 2013-8-25 04:15

I found this pattern you may be interested in it.If you do one of the dolphins on the top and one on the bottom and then find lettering you like and put all the baby's info in the middle it might take less time.

//www.pindiy.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40999&highlight=Dolphins

medillon61 Publish time 2013-8-25 06:32

medillon61 replied at 2013-8-24 15:15 static/image/common/back.gif
I found this pattern you may be interested in it.If you do one of the dolphins on the top and one...

Your welcome I hope you are able to work it out :)Good luck!

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-11 03:09

Following this thread

manolimu Publish time 2023-9-4 02:33

Siguiendo este hilo
Pages: [1]
View full version: Design Help