Ladyeve Publish time 2014-5-29 05:22

Cross stitching - Stamped Quilts

I was thinking about making a quilt for my friend's baby but I'm not sure how the stamped quilts really look or do i really know how to do them if I had a pattern to follow.My question is, is it still cross stitched with Xs? or more like embroidery?

Also, if anyone has some pictures that can show me that would be excellent so at least I have an idea ;D.Thanks in advance!

evenflo09 Publish time 2014-5-29 09:07

I don't know if they have changed since I did some, but ones I have seen are more like embroidery. There are some that mainly have the x's on them and some that don't. I have done some pillow cases before and even though it was less like real cross stitch on aida, it was fun, simple, and just covering the stamping with your threads. Hope this helps a little.

Bleu Publish time 2014-5-29 14:15

We have a section called Patchwork,
here you can see finished results
most of them are embroidewry

Ladyeve Publish time 2014-5-30 09:20

static/image/common/user_online.gif Bleu static/image/common/clock.gif 2014-5-29 01:15 static/image/common/back.gif
We have a section called Patchwork,
here you can see finished results
most of them are embroidewry

ohh okay.. thanks, i'll check it out!

Ladyeve Publish time 2014-5-30 09:21

static/image/common/user_online.gif evenflo09 static/image/common/clock.gif 2014-5-28 20:07 static/image/common/back.gif
I don't know if they have changed since I did some, but ones I have seen are more like embroidery. T ...

i've seen quite a lot that were embroidery too, its just that when i think " cross stitch" my first thought would be XXXX and not just regular embroidery.thanks though :D

Ladyeve Publish time 2014-5-31 04:49

ohhh okay.i never done embroidery before and honestly don't think i'm skilled enough do well with it which is why i was praying that the one i ordered were XXXs but I'll have to wait and see when it gets there.

MaryRS Publish time 2020-4-2 07:22

Precioso!!!

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-11 02:58

Following this thread

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-8 23:43

Thanks for the info!
Pages: [1]
View full version: Cross stitching - Stamped Quilts