xstitchmaven Publish time 2015-1-13 12:15

Scarlet Quince experience?

Has anyone stitched one of the patterns from Scarlet Quince?I was thinking about trying one out, but I feel a bit intimidated.The finished pieces look great, but I'm not sure if I would stick with it.

I would love to hear from anyone with experience using these patterns. :)

liyanaosman Publish time 2015-5-3 02:07

u gotta just dive into it. Once you do so, there;s no turning back. It's pure satisfaction! Study up on parking method, the youtube video mentioned by Carolyn Mazzeo is a good starting point to learn the basics of parking method. Practise, and you'll soon find a method that you prefer and comfortable with

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 03:54

Following this thread

Whisper whisper Publish time 2024-4-19 15:33

Thanks for sharing

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-9 03:45

Thanks for the info!

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-8 03:09

Thanks for the info!

Mary.Jane Publish time 2015-3-28 03:30

Like you, I waffled a long time before finally purchasing my first Scarlet Quince pattern.I chose one that I really loved, knowing that it was going to take years to stitch it, so I didn't want to get tired of it too soon :)When I received it, I was intimidated by the fact that almost every stitch uses blended threads.I started it a few weeks ago, and before too long, I was completely overwhelmed by the confetti.So I went on the internet and watched some YouTubes on the parking technique (there is a really good one by Carolyn Mazzeo, and that's the method I'm now using).What a difference parking makes!! It is such a pleasure to stitch, and see the pattern unfolding.It's absolutely beautiful!
I really think the most important thing with these complicated and time consuming patterns is to pick one that you really love.Also, many people advise stitching a test piece on different fabrics to see what you like the best.I went ahead with a 28 count evenweave, two strands over two, and am really pleased with the coverage and the look of it.It's going to cost the earth to frame because it's so large, so I started saving for that already!

xstitchmaven Publish time 2015-3-29 09:00

Thanks so much for your reply!I'd read about the color blending their patterns included, but it sounds like it's a lot heavier than I thought.I will definitely have to choose a design carefully, as you said, because it certainly is an investment.

Do you have any photos of your work in progress?

Mary.Jane Publish time 2015-3-30 21:47

static/image/common/user_online.gif xstitchmaven static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-3-28 20:00 static/image/common/back.gif
Thanks so much for your reply!I'd read about the color blending their patterns included, but it so ...

It's not the best picture - it's so cloudy here today that the lighting isn't great.But can you see on the right side of the stitching how much confetti there is....

cinzia8 Publish time 2015-4-7 21:05

I am stitching one right now, and I must tell you, it's not a walk in the park, but it's so rewarding!The outcome is really beautiful!

stitcherex Publish time 2015-5-18 09:08

static/image/common/user_online.gif Mary.Jane static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-3-30 21:47 static/image/common/back.gif
It's not the best picture - it's so cloudy here today that the lighting isn't great.But can you...

I stand amazed ! Just the corner you have completed would have taken me a few months.I would not even dare to think of attempting such a large scale !

Works such as this inspire me to continue stitching. Thanks for sharing :)

xstitchmaven Publish time 2015-5-19 11:25

static/image/common/user_online.gif Mary.Jane static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-3-30 05:47 static/image/common/back.gif
It's not the best picture - it's so cloudy here today that the lighting isn't great.But can you...

Thanks for sharing this photo, it definitely helps me get an idea of the work involved.

xstitchmaven Publish time 2015-5-19 11:26

static/image/common/user_online.gif liyanaosman static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-5-2 10:07 static/image/common/back.gif
u gotta just dive into it. Once you do so, there;s no turning back. It's pure satisfaction! Study up ...

Thanks for the tip!I've watched some of her videos but I'll look into the parking method soon.
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Scarlet Quince experience?