GorjussLover Publish time 2015-4-11 08:05

My Tip for-pat or xsd-pattern

Edited by Bleu at 2015-4-11 17:01

Hey guys!

I know that I have a problem reading charts that are not in color and/or really small, so what I do is I download repaints!In any repaint program there is an option to export the file to a JPEG 4.4.4.I export it, usually at a really high DPI (probably unnessecarily high lol)I save it to my dropbox or upload it directly onto fedex online print service!

Then I go to kinkos/fedex and print out the pattern on an 11x17 paper.The quality is AWESOME and it only costs about 2 bucks.You can choose the type of paper, and I always go for the cheap stuff because I mark it off.It is printed with a laser printer so the picture is crisp and clear and beautiful!
Now here is where the magic happens!
I fold it up, stick it under my needle minder and work on a folded section at a time, marking off as I go.Then when I'm ready to go to the next section I unfold then refold and stick it back under the magnet!

When I have a pattern that includes backstitch, I like to print out the paper 2 sided.One side without bs and one side with.

I can only include one picture here for some reason, and so the pic is a picture of my current pattern that I bought for 1.38USD with a sharpie for size comparison.I am going to try and upload a couple more photos to expain the folding in the replies!

Enjoy your stitches!

Darcyandrick Publish time 2016-2-24 05:42

static/image/common/user_online.gif evenflo09 static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-4-10 20:02
That is a wonderful tip! I have the same problem with black and white charts and small resolution on ...

After reading your post I'm even more excited to try working with repaint patterns.I was never really worried about space before, but that was prior to my finding this site.Now it is something to consider and knowing that support is out there for learning the program I'm definitely on board.

elderangel Publish time 2016-2-28 01:03

This is a great post! Thank you for the detail on how you approach things. I have also found that I can enlarge the print and print on multiple pages, and the program creates the overlaps and it works great too.

SallySue Publish time 2016-2-8 10:31

Thanks for this.I've just started using this website and was confused by the repaint.I'm going to have to try this.

manolimu Publish time 2023-9-9 00:41

¡Maravilloso consejo y explicación!

MissPriss Publish time 2023-10-16 02:14

Thank you for sharing this tip! I bet it changed someone's life! :D

lavija Publish time 2016-2-28 22:22

Wonderful adviсe!thanks

Darcyandrick Publish time 2016-2-24 05:40

such a great tip for those of us with older eyes :)

carolinebrown66 Publish time 2016-3-11 22:49

which repaint program did you use?

queenvi617 Publish time 2024-4-22 08:32

Thank you very much for sharing.

Iruri Publish time 2024-4-19 21:50

son muy bonitos esos dibujos

evenflo09 Publish time 2015-4-11 11:02

That is a wonderful tip! I have the same problem with black and white charts and small resolution ones. Most people don't know that programs for repaint patterns are just as easy to print out as scanned ones, plus they take up much less space on the computer which leaves room for more patterns, lol. They can also be printed out in black and white if you like them better too. They cost more, but the room saved is amazing! I purchased a really cheap printer ($30 USD) just for my patterns and with a couple of clicks for enlargement adjustment, I'm on my way! I downloaded the Pattern Maker V.4 from here just for printing out patterns at first, but after reading the HELP and directions several times, plus help from my friends, I've learned how to do all kinds of things with it. One thing is being able to change the colors in a pattern to something I like more and being able to see it instantly change. If you decide you don't like those colors, 1 click and it's back like it was. Plus you can also add something to a pattern or delete something out of it you don't care to stitch, and that's only a few of the wonderful things you can do with it. I love it and am so glad I took the time to learn how to use it. :)

pinkroses Publish time 2015-4-11 23:18

Thank you a million times over! I had stopped doing cross stitch, as even with my glasses it was still so hard to read the charts, especially in b/w and sooo small. This is an answer to my problems, I can't wait to try this out. Thanks again.

murphzmom Publish time 2015-4-12 21:53

Thank you so much for this information, I am going to try it out today.

trublu2u Publish time 2015-4-15 22:16

This is very useful information!thank you for explaining it so well!

jt1077 Publish time 2015-5-13 03:35

I think that's a great idea!

stitcherex Publish time 2015-5-18 08:59

Thank you for sharing this tip ! I have never notice that the repaint programme has an jpg export option, I am off to re-look at all my repaint charts now !

Thanks again !
Pages: [1] 2 3
View full version: My Tip for-pat or xsd-pattern