GorjussLover Publish time 2015-5-5 00:50

Loop start saved my life!!

lol I know it sounds cheeky, but it is totally true.The loop start is the single best thing to happen to my stitches!

Now, this is how to do it:

//www.pindiy.com/forum.php?mod=image&aid=713881&size=300x300&key=8624002813616cdb&nocache=yes&type=fixnone

Take one length of thread double the size you normally do.Fold it in half and put the loose threads through the hole.Then take a stitch, and pull the needle through the loop at the end of the thread!!This only works if you need to use 2 strands so it wont work if you need 3 or 5 strands, it needs to be even!

LindaLugten Publish time 2016-3-15 19:04

Loop starting is one of the best things I learned from the internet. I saw someone on youtube who did it from the front. Down topright,up leftbottom,then the needle through the loop stil sticking out and than back down left bottom with a little tuck to get the thick part of the loop at the back.

ValerieAnne Publish time 2018-9-23 09:11

Thanks, I'm going to try this! What it would essentially do, would be make your floss last longer as well (if I'm reading/looking at it correctly) as you could use half the amount of floss needed, since you are essentially doubling each strand. :)

JoyfulJT Publish time 2016-7-13 21:03

static/image/common/user_online.gif danineedsstuff static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-5-6 10:53
oh and also, I do the loop method from the front. and you just do your loop like the picture, and th ...

amazing idea, I have never tried this from the front.Love the tips.thanks

Lokidog Publish time 2023-8-23 01:04

Love a loop start. Unfortunately my patterns have a bunch of blended colors, so boo but when I'm able to use a loop start it makes me feel like I'm saving on wasting floss.

allegriajoy Publish time 2016-7-24 05:39

static/image/common/user_online.gif Hammy static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-5-5 01:55
Some think that folding the floss in half result in two half floss which spins the opposite directio ...

That is a good point.

slaho330 Publish time 2016-10-19 07:33

loop start works well for a lot of changing for sure, but it does make the threads twist different ways. Might bug someone enough not to use it.

beckysbiz Publish time 2018-7-27 07:39

this is great, i will try this as turning my work all the time is a pain as my frame is terribly old, wobbly and yuck, think i need a new frame :(

patti6919 Publish time 2018-2-14 02:57

I also use the loop method and it helps with keeping the back of my work neater. It can't be used every time but it is great when you can.

Morganza Publish time 2016-8-12 15:45

Love it! It's a great tip, never thought about it before, but tried it and it's truly useful. Saves up a lot of thread. Thanks!

Nanels Publish time 2016-6-28 11:20

I too use the loop method. However, I don't when using over-dyed threads as the color changes get lost.

mine2 Publish time 2015-5-5 01:23

Hi

Do you only use it when you are going to use up the thread? or what do you do with the leftover?

Hammy Publish time 2015-5-5 01:55

Some think that folding the floss in half result in two half floss which spins the opposite direction, and it can result different result than using two separate piece of floss.
I believe in it, especially when doing specialty stitches (satin stitch etc.)
In normal cross stitch, it can be a good technique.

antje Publish time 2015-5-5 17:02

Thanks a lot of that t:D:D:Dip!!!!!!!

spacecadet2015 Publish time 2015-5-5 23:41

static/image/common/user_online.gif Hammy static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-5-5 01:55 static/image/common/back.gif
Some think that folding the floss in half result in two half floss which spins the opposite directio ...

That's a good point actually - it could happen.On saying that I've used the loop method for years and it works fine for me - makes life a lot easier.You can't use it with variegated thread though obviously which is a pity!!

LucyLocket Publish time 2015-5-6 00:18

It's a good way to start a lot of different stitching.............. I have always used it when stitching purse frames to my purse body.................:D

Gudrunhart Publish time 2015-5-6 18:42

I have never tried the loop start, but if you are doing a cross stitch pattern that has a lot of colours changes (I have had 40 colour changes in 100 stitches!) it would make the back of the stitching less bulky too I should think.May be I should try it one day.:)

danineedsstuff Publish time 2015-5-6 23:50

The loop method is probably hands down my favorite little trick to cross stitch. I will alter most patterns or my way of stitching so I can do the loop method. Plus it makes it easier so Im constantly not having to turn over my work which can be a pain with my stand.:) glad someone else loves it just as much as me!!

danineedsstuff Publish time 2015-5-6 23:53

oh and also, I do the loop method from the front. and you just do your loop like the picture, and then go back down the hole you came up in. be careful not to go through the loop though. You go around it! that way you dont have to turn it over! :)

jt1077 Publish time 2015-5-13 03:31

Definitely have to try this! I hate running under my previous threads when I'm doing a lot of color changes!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
View full version: Loop start saved my life!!