KnittingAngel Publish time 2016-10-6 23:18

Liat’s Limitless Cast-On… for Two-at-a-Time ANYTHING

ok i found this while researching again on howto knit socks. So I thojught I would ShareYou need to know this. You need to be able to do the magic loop methodto do this cast on

Step 1: Using a long-tail cast-on and one of the balls of yarn (let’s call it Ball A – shown here in red) and leaving enough tail for all the stitches your pattern calls for, onto one end of the circular needle, cast on HALF the stitches required

Step 2: Push the stitches from Ball A away from the tip of the needle. Using yarn from Ball B (shown here in yellow), onto the same needle tip, cast on ALL the stitches called for in the pattern

Step 3: Push both sets of stitches onto the cable part of the circular needle

Step 4: At the midpoint of the stitches from Ball B (the larger set of stitches), bend the cable and pull a large loop of cable out, as shown in the photo below. Pull the loop until the stitches reach the needle tips.

Step 5: Arrange the stitches as in the photo below, with the stitches from Ball A pushed onto the needle-tip. Notice how the yarn is coming off the wrong end of the stitches? That’s on purpose

Step 6: Holding the needle-tips together at the base and in your right hand as shown in the photo below, cast on the remaining stitches from Ball A onto the empty needle tip. Make sure the needle-tips are together at the base so that you don’t get a stretched-out piece of yarn between the needles

Step 7: Turn both needle-tips towards the right (“ready position”) and make sure all the bumps from the cast-on row are facing in, like the teeth of an alligator. This prevents you from creating any twists in the round

Step 8: With the working yarn (Ball A) draped over the back needle-tip, pull the back needle-tip out and to the right, and then point it back towards the left needle-tip, just as you would for Magic Loop

Begin working across the stitches from Ball A

When you finish working the stitches from Ball A, drop that yarn and pick up the yarn from Ball B. Knit across the next set of stitches using the yarn from Ball B.

Step 9: Return to ready position. Repeat Step 8, only this time you’ll first knit the stitches from Ball B, and finish with the stitches from Ball A.

You’re on your way! Repeat steps 8-9, shaping your pieces according to your pattern. Make sure to keep your balls of yarn in separate bags or containers on either side of you, so they don’t get tangled.
Another trick to keeping your yarn from tangling is to hold the working yarn from one ball of yarn to the front of your work, while the other working yarn stays to the back.

there is also a video that shows this method just search
Liat’s Limitless Cast-OnKnit Freedom
thank you
i hope you found this interesting and informative.

toomuchreading Publish time 2018-4-7 02:10

I always forget how to do this cast on.Thanks for posting this.I use it for sleeves on sweaters mostly.If I do 2 at a time, they will always be the same.

toomuchreading Publish time 2019-8-8 02:54

Thanks for posting. This looks a lot easier than what I'm doing now for 2@AT socks.I look forward to giving it a try.

lisawoody Publish time 2019-8-8 07:01

OMG Knitting Angel you are an angel!! that makes so much more sense than I have been reading, thank you <3

waiting4thesun Publish time 2018-3-31 23:52

This is really well-explained, thank you! I always struggle with set-up.

Tinyvvo Publish time 2016-10-11 01:42

Thank you! It will be really useful for socks knitting.

allegra Publish time 2018-6-11 05:12

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing:)

Babylicious Publish time 2017-4-20 19:15

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Breiwilma Publish time 2021-5-20 16:55

Very useful! Thank you for sharing!

Tourmaline Publish time 2016-10-7 07:02

Thanks for sharing.:)

Шура Мурина Publish time 2016-10-6 23:50

Very useful! Thank you for sharing!

Sorodrigues Publish time 2016-10-7 00:26

wow! thanks for sharing

Skazka61 Publish time 2016-10-7 01:31

Thanks for sharing!

WeepingAngel Publish time 2016-10-7 10:18

thanks for sharing :)

papriska Publish time 2016-10-7 14:08

Very nice! Thanks for sharing

Mazda Publish time 2016-10-7 22:08

Thanks for sharing !

Tinyvvo Publish time 2016-10-11 01:42

Thank you! It will be really useful for socks knitting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
View full version: Liat’s Limitless Cast-On… for Two-at-a-Time ANYTHING