loveinspanish Publish time 2018-1-3 07:42

My favorite brand of yarn is Malabrigo.It makes my heart sing!

hoibonchen Publish time 2018-1-9 02:38

Merino and all merino blands with alpaca, silk or cashmere for winter, and for summer cotton and blands with silk, bamboo or linen.

dove2 Publish time 2018-1-16 01:20

With allergies, I tend to like the expensive stuff!Silk, linen, alpaca, cotton, and blends.

toomuchreading Publish time 2018-1-30 07:39

I like all natural fibres if the intended use warrants it.For example I would never knit for a baby in wool, because you are forever washing it.I'd use acrylic because it can take the washing punishment, and not many new moms have the time to hand wash/lay flat to dry.I know I didn't.I appreciated wash and wear.I know a lot of natural fibres come in 'superwash' but you still have treat them with more care.
I like to use the appropriate fibre for the project.I love a summer shell knit up in linnen or cotton.A ski sweater in wool is just cuddly.

Who am I kidding;P...I love all yarn...:$:lol

Fonzie Publish time 2018-1-31 02:10

I like working with cotton the most. I also like to work with cotton/acrylic blends (most 50/50 or 60/40) and bamboo blends.

I am allergic to wool (though I did play around with felting), not to mention we have a moth infestation no matter what I do or how I clean (we probably bring the moths back from the shop with produce) so I don't work with wool.

Recently I tried knitting alpaca, and boy, was it silky! But the hairs were pretty annoying when they separated from the yarn, so... I am sticking to cotton. And bamboo.

Seriously, bamboo yarn feels like silk. I am loving it. :)

santa17 Publish time 2018-2-17 23:45

I love cotton,I do not like acrylic

maruiha80 Publish time 2018-3-29 05:28

static/image/common/user_online.gif toomuchreading static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-1-30 07:39
I like all natural fibres if the intended use warrants it.For example I would never knit for a bab ...

It depends on what weave, but personally I like more cotton for summer clothes and wool or acrylic for winter clothes. But I think that goes in how each one weaves and the things that he likes to do

Fishys Publish time 2018-4-1 15:26

I like to use wool or a mix of wool and another natural fibre. I never use acrylic and I don't enjoy knitting with cotton or ramie. You can get superwash wool to use for babies. Acrylic is not nearly as good a fibre for insulation.

Allinka Publish time 2018-4-1 21:33

I love to knit from cotton

ALVAR Publish time 2018-4-4 06:40

I also like to work with cotton/acrylic blends
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
View full version: What kind of yarn do you prefer to knit mostly?