loveinspanish Publish time 2017-12-15 12:45

Addi FlexiFlips Anyone?

Has anyone used the new Addi FlexiFlips?They seem pretty cool.

kitaro320 Publish time 2018-8-10 18:50

I prefer to use ML method so I can knit 2aat or more if i’m So inclined. I woudn’t mind trying them out, but won’t buy any just to try.I stopped using DPN’s years ago, so unless you’re a DPN fan, you may like them. One side of the tip they’re sharp the other isn’t. Gives yo an option..

GreenWeaver Publish time 2017-12-16 05:17

Normally, I knit socks on 2 circulars, and use DPNs for picking up and knitting the gusset stitches.When they're gone, I'm back to my original 2 circulars.The FlexiFlips make working with the gusset stitches a lot easier.It took me awhile to get used to the really short tips, but they're a lot more convenient than DPNs.But they're awfully short to hold 32 - 36 stitches, which is what you have on each side of an adult-sized sock or mitten, so they're not going to replace my circulars.And I can't imagine having so few stitches in worsted or larger yarn that the larger FlexiFlip sizes would be very helpful - if you make lots and lots of boot socks maybe?

loveinspanish Publish time 2017-12-16 15:29

static/image/common/user_online.gif GreenWeaver static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-15 18:03
IMHO, no, you'd never keep enough stitches for TAAT socks on an 8" needle, and all of the FlexiFli ...

Totally!Well, maybe for sleeves and hats...Actually, I'm knitting a sweater and using 16" circulars for the sleeves.I wonder....I'm probably just looking for a reason to get a set of flexiflips.*sigh*Maybe I'll stick with the circ and buy more yarn.;)

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-8-22 04:27

static/image/common/user_online.gif clgram static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-8-21 09:20
I can really see myself using them for sleeves as well as the crowns on hats as using DPNs there can ...

Yeah, I can see that.I have 6" dpns in bamboo.I rarely use them.Honestly, I have to have no other option for finishing a project.Actually, I was gifted some really long aluminum dpns a couple of months ago.I think they may be 8 or 10".

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-10-12 07:56

static/image/common/user_online.gif Fishys static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-10-10 23:17
I'd like to try these but I usually use 5 dpns so I don't know if I'd be comfortable knitting with t ...

I usually knit sleeves TAAT on two circulars, the same way I knit socks.However, I still kinda want to try these.I don't know if I'm willing to pay for them, though... I'm kind of attached to using 2 circulars or short circulars for sleeves, socks, and necklines.

GreenWeaver Publish time 2017-12-16 10:03

static/image/common/user_online.gif loveinspanish static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-15 19:01
Also, I prefer to knit my socks 2 at a time, otherwise I'd never finish a pair.TAAT socks would ne ...

IMHO, no, you'd never keep enough stitches for TAAT socks on an 8" needle, and all of the FlexiFlips are the same length - 8".You'd have to get at least 2 sets, I think, which would more or less defeat the whole purpose of TAAT.

loveinspanish Publish time 2017-12-30 08:58

static/image/common/user_online.gif aunt static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-27 18:08
I'm intrigued! I haven't used them, but I'd like to try them.

Me, too!Although, I have to admit I don't use dpns more than I have to.I generally prefer using 2 circulars or short circulars.I'd like to try out the FlexiFlips to see if I like them better than regular dpns.

loveinspanish Publish time 2017-12-16 07:35

static/image/common/user_online.gif GreenWeaver static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-15 13:17
Normally, I knit socks on 2 circulars, and use DPNs for picking up and knitting the gusset stitches. ...

I haven't used them, but a lady I know seems to really like them for her socks.I've only knit socks on 2 circulars.I wonder if the larger sizes have longer needles...

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-8-21 11:45

static/image/common/user_online.gif kitaro320 static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-8-10 02:50
I prefer to use ML method so I can knit 2aat or more if i’m So inclined. I woudn’t mind trying the ...

I'm not a fan of dpns.I find myself knittiing really tight because I'm afraid of my needles slipping out of my stitches.I prefer 2 circs when I knit small circles.

GreenWeaver Publish time 2018-1-3 06:56

I really do like them more than DPNs, but there is one thing I don't like - you only get 3 of them in each set, which means they can only be used in place of 2 circulars, since one has to be reserved to knit the stitches off one of the others.I'd like them better if there were 4 needles in each set.

loveinspanish Publish time 2017-12-16 08:01

Also, I prefer to knit my socks 2 at a time, otherwise I'd never finish a pair.TAAT socks would never be possible on one set of these, would they?

GreenWeaver Publish time 2017-12-16 10:00

static/image/common/user_online.gif loveinspanish static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-15 18:35
I haven't used them, but a lady I know seems to really like them for her socks.I've only knit so ...

Nope - all the FlexiFlips are the same length, 8 inches.

Ang_el_es Publish time 2017-12-24 03:35

YO NO LOS CONOZCO, PERO SE VEN MUY BUENOS...EN MÉXICO NO HAY.

aunt Publish time 2017-12-28 10:08

I'm intrigued! I haven't used them, but I'd like to try them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
View full version: Addi FlexiFlips Anyone?