sallyrose Publish time 2011-7-8 00:46

Can you use Scotch Guard on projects?

Hello Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone has ever used Scotch Guard on your stitched projects, for example cushions or tablecloths?
It is a product to help protect fabrics against stains and dirt.
What do you think about using it? Does anyone have any experience with it?
Thank you for any replies.

allergiya Publish time 2020-3-3 17:48

CПАСИБО, ЗА ПОЛЕЗНУЮ ИМФОРМАЦИЮ.) Я ЗНАЮ, ЧТО Scotch Guard ИСПОЛЬЗУЮТ ДЛЯ ВЫШИВОК, КОТОРЫЕСТАВЯТСЯ В РАМУ.):)

seditas Publish time 2017-11-4 04:13

Me alegra haber aprendido una cosa nueva hoy, no tenia ni idea de como proteger mis bordados que no van enmarcados.

sammieliz Publish time 2017-10-23 00:18

I’ve used it on Christmas Stockings with no issues. I haven’t seen any discoloration and it has been about 4 years.

mardy Publish time 2020-2-8 09:26

I have been wondering this as well, thank you

mipontitos Publish time 2016-1-17 21:10

thank you so much for this tip
:)

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-11 02:07

Following this thread

bearlette Publish time 2011-7-8 01:26

That is an excellent question Sallyrose:)I have been wondering the same things with regards to cushions/pillows.Hopefully someone knows.Thanks for asking !!:loveliness:

sallyrose Publish time 2011-7-8 02:26

Thank you Bearlette.
It is something I have been thinking about for some time but I am too nervous to try
until I can learn from the experience of others.
Let us hope someone has information about it.

LavenderHaze Publish time 2011-8-6 03:31

We used Scotchguard on needlework--mostly needlepoint, when I worked in a needle-work finishing shop. No, don't ask me how long ago that was!We usedit on every single piece as soon as they were dry, before framing or making into cushions... and again before the fnished article left the shop.You do have to test for color-fastness in an inconspicuous spot on delicate materials like silk. Also, we used a heavier coating than suggested.Definitely a thumbs up for Scotchguard!

sallyrose Publish time 2011-8-6 06:58

Reply 4# sharan555

Thank you so much for your reply. This is a question I have wanted to have answered for a long time. It is good to know that you have had so much experience with using the product. That makes me more confident to use it myself. Thanks again.

gegebee43 Publish time 2011-9-10 06:40

oh how woderful. I do Christmas stockings and that would work well. Very good to know.
Thank you so much
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Can you use Scotch Guard on projects?