softdough Publish time 2018-4-30 14:14

The problem might be caused by loose cast on, or the ribbing itself is loose because of loose purl stitches or from the moving the yarn back and forth loosely from knitting and purling. Experiment with yarn scraps to find the problem.

If it's the cast on, try a different method. Cable cast on usually is a good choice because it's a knitted cast on and the tension will be closer to the rest of your knitting.

If it's the rib stitch itself, one way to tighten it is to knit the knits through the back loop but keep purling normally. This is called the twisted rib stitch, and the first photo you posted looks like it used this stitch.

yerita Publish time 2018-5-5 15:27

Muchas gracias por compartir

Sylvana Publish time 2018-5-13 04:20

Very nice, go on and well done.

tital Publish time 2018-7-3 16:05

Thank you very much for sharing.

Labrador6234 Publish time 2018-7-11 17:00

interessant

witte muis Publish time 2018-7-17 03:06

Thank you very much for sharing.

Miyosi Publish time 2018-7-23 23:52

Very nice. Thank you for sharing!

Kemeken Publish time 2018-7-28 23:47

Paylaşım için teşekkürler :)

waitllf Publish time 2018-7-30 12:56

thank you very much

toomuchreading Publish time 2018-8-4 11:30

If you want to have the rib without the flair, your are going to have to do some test knits.The way I do it on sweaters is to knit my rib, and then the first row of the stocking stitch, DECREASE (K2tog) evenly around after doing the rib.It looks like you won't have to do too much decreasing to get an even side,maybe 4-8 stitches, based on the picture.The best thing that you can do is swatch, or just knit smaller samples, with various decreases.Anyway, this is what I do frequently for my sweaters to get a straight side.My rib will be winder and then for the stockinette I'll decrease evenly around.Good luck with your testing.The hats are so cute.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
View full version: Rib on each end without flaring