Samx Publish time 2018-8-14 15:27

Frame mark

Anyone have any tips on removing a hand stitching frame mark from my aida project

Duckeyd Publish time 2018-8-14 20:44

Very nice            

jazzo Publish time 2018-8-23 03:25

Try rubbing soda-bi- carb on the frame mark, and wash it with hand.

diystuff Publish time 2018-10-14 07:10

This is why I stopped using hoops and use scroll frames which don't mark the fabric.

BoingBoing Publish time 2020-6-24 00:29

If it's dirty, soaking and Oxi-clean usually works. If it's crumpled up, wash it, and use an iron while it's still damp. Always iron finished pieces from the wrong side, and be very careful not to catch any loose thread.

KatharinaV-NL Publish time 2020-6-26 08:48

Fibres should relax when the pressure = frame comes off.
If not: relax the fibres by making them wet or even soak them in water.
For aïda woven fabrics: you can help the fibres come back to their old shape by using a soft brush on the spots when it is still wet.
For evenweave (especially linen) the wetting should be enough. If you still see marks on evenweave after this, you can lightly stretch the fabric diagonally = from corner to corner when it is still wet.

Bleaching finished embroidery is never recommanded as far as I know.
Never use fabric softener. Do not use too much detergent.
If you want to work according to museum rules: rinse your work a lot with de-calcified and ionised water before letting it dry a bit on a flat surface. Then iron it from the back as BoingBoing advised.

alpacastitcher Publish time 2020-7-3 23:48

Great advice above! But BEWARE!
If you use overdyed fabric or threads, don't wash your project or use steam on it!!! Overdyed fabrics and flosses WILL run and ruin all your hard work!
Instead, use no steam on your iron and press on low heat from the back side of the project with a white towel on top of the project.

Patty Farinha Publish time 2021-6-17 01:59

Vou guardar todas as dicas.Obrigada

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-11 02:03

Following this thread
Pages: [1]
View full version: Frame mark