Azbee Publish time 2018-10-5 01:28

Having a problem figuring out what she wants me to do...

ENGLISH st = Row 1.- *Knit the first st. K/ With yarn in front and over right needle, slip stitch the (Purl) second st.*/Rep. from *to* till finish row, and knit always the last sts., of each row as they appear./Rep. always from *to*. Row 2 and all the rest of Rows.- Repeat Row 1.

Is this like a knit and then a slipstich purl and then a knit....I'm confused?????

pitussa Publish time 2018-10-18 06:51

I'm so sorry, that makes no sense to me! And the designer knows it, thus the offer for a refund.

Silverlea Publish time 2018-12-22 22:14

Edited by Silverlea at 2018-12-23 00:58

Not sure if this will help but I checked out HomeMadeAwards on Ravelry .Designer's name is Loly Fuertes and she is Spanish.Maybe her English explanation is not clear?I wonder if a Spanish member could clear up what she is trying to tell you?
Also have some questions:
1. Did you type out instructions or is it a copy and paste?
I am asking because it says Row 1, but you have (Purl) in brackets.Is this how the pattern is written?
2. Does she use the / in the instructions?You must have done the rest of the pattern so was wonder if it is an abbrevation of some type?
3. Have you tried yarn over needle, slip stitch purl wise?

ENGLISH st = Row 1.- *Knit the first st. K/ With yarn in front and over right needle, slip stitch the (Purl) second st.*/Rep. from *to* till finish row, and knit always the last sts., of each row as they appear./Rep. always from *to*. Row 2 and all the rest of Rows.- Repeat Row 1.

CraftyLouAnna Publish time 2018-10-5 02:35

Edited by CraftyLouAnna at 2018-10-5 04:59

Is it a patterned piece?   What I do when I'm not sure I grab some scrap wool and needles and cast on the repeat number in this pattern.OK......casting on!
Are you supposed to be increasing with the what I would call a weird yarn over or are the purl stitches rather wrapped by the knit.   Is the pattern on here?   
Pleasesend a link and I'll read it through.
Thanks!

Could be a wrapped rib where you don't exactly purl the purl stitches just wrap around it.
Looks like a wrapped rib.That is what I got!
Here:

dozi Publish time 2018-12-24 15:56

Edited by dozi at 2018-12-24 16:46

i think i figured it out!
just to remember: always knit 1st and last stitch in every row (RS+WS)!

1)RS-(Knit 1, slip 2nd stich perlwise from left to right needle) rep to last stich, k1, turn
2)WS -   k1, (knit "doubled" stitch (at once), slip single stitches perlwise) rep to last stitch, k1, turn

repeat row one and two

Azbee Publish time 2018-10-6 00:39

static/image/common/user_online.gif CraftyLouAnna static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-10-4 14:15
I did take a closer look at the website.Pictures are poor at best.Let me try this again. Intrigu ...

Contacted her and the solution was to give me a refund?????
It must be obvious to some byt not to me maybe I'm reading too much into it....I hate to try it on my work but I think I'll try you suggestion of a practice run on another piece ...
Hmmmm

CraftyLouAnna Publish time 2018-10-5 05:15

Edited by CraftyLouAnna at 2018-10-5 05:55

I did take a closer look at the website.Pictures are poor at best.Let me try this again. Intrigued.
I'll have to pull out my 1000 different knitting patterns book to see if I can find something similar.

Albadiosa Publish time 2023-1-17 05:48

static/image/common/user_online.gif CraftyLouAnna static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-10-5 02:35
Is it a patterned piece?   What I do when I'm not sure I grab some scrap wool and needles and cast o ...

Gracias por compartir

brendah2 Publish time 2022-12-5 12:16

static/image/common/user_online.gif Azbee static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-10-5 04:14
The pattern part is the fur around the hood and the arms...and no I have not added this pattern to P ...

Oh my gosh that is so cute!

Azbee Publish time 2018-10-5 04:14

The pattern part is the fur around the hood and the arms...and no I have not added this pattern to PINDIY as yet...trying it first.

CraftyLouAnna Publish time 2018-10-7 09:22

I think the instructions should be a little more explicit.

Kapela Publish time 2018-10-9 14:40

good luck

gamzesk Publish time 2018-10-20 00:58

i couldn't understand at all. good luck to you finding out what it is

Mart970 Publish time 2018-12-1 12:10

Thank for you sharing. It's a nice apport contribution.
Pages: [1] 2 3
View full version: Having a problem figuring out what she wants me to do...