mazurk1987 Publish time 2024-3-31 22:49

Mixed softie: amigurumi + fabric

I've been thinking for quite a long time that it would be a good idea to make a softie mixing both the techniques of crochet and sewing. I.e: a sheep - head and legs in crochet and body in furry fabric, all sewn together, which result in a mixed plushie: half amigurumi, half usual sewn plushie.

Has someone tried to make something similar? Do you have any suggestions for what a good candidate (apart from sheep) for this technique would be?

WoolySnail Publish time 2024-4-1 03:46

Edited by WoolySnail at 2024-3-31 20:47

Yes i've made a bunny with an inner ear lining + feet from fabric.
These are patterns from lilleliis

Or you can make clothes ofcourse

mazurk1987 Publish time 2024-4-1 03:56

Yes, indeed. I've seen some crocheters who suggest to use some felt add-ons for "decoration", like pieces that are just straightforward to cut from fabric.

But I was thinking of combining these techniques in a more "structural" way, like making whole parts of the plushie with different techniques.

crimsonlys Publish time 2024-4-3 20:36

i usually use fabric to make eyes and small details, maybe it could be a good technique for a lion's mane?

mazurk1987 Publish time 2024-4-4 05:10

that's a great idea, thank you!

Dotspretzels Publish time 2024-4-18 10:27

static/image/common/user_online.gif WoolySnail static/image/common/clock.gif 2024-4-1 03:46
Yes i've made a bunny with an inner ear lining + feet from fabric.
These are patterns from lilleliis ...

Wow that looks so cool!

Sash/NeLi Publish time 2024-4-19 19:46

Baby lovey done by repeat crafter me. Done in half halfway, mind you body is flat for its purposeof being a lovey but I think it would work similar as a plush

Everia Publish time 2024-4-22 01:38

It's a nice idea to play with different textures of fabrics and weaving tecniques, a crochet/felt sheep would be lovely. The fabric additions look really sweet for plushies, too.

amigurumisvt Publish time 2024-4-22 09:13

I would totally try, haven´t done it but I love experimenting with mixing techniques. I once saw an art toy that was an oni, the body was crochet and the hands and head was sculpted in some kind of hard material, like clay or something, don´t remember where I saw it though
Pages: [1]
View full version: Mixed softie: amigurumi + fabric