Strawberry Cat Publish time 2012-2-24 15:39

Question about DMC Light Effects threads

Hi!
Has anyone stitched using DMC's Light Effects threads? They are not for sale in my country (at least not anywhere near where I live), but I'm considering purchasing some from abroad. But, I have no clue how these threads are. How is the texture of these threads? Do they require Thread Heaven? Do you have any tips for using them?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

mardy Publish time 2020-2-4 05:30

They are not worth it.Krienik is better

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-9 00:39

Thanks for the info!

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 07:04

Thank you so much

Lief Publish time 2012-2-26 00:24

Lo siento, no los he usado.Saludes,

MsBeaglely Publish time 2013-5-29 09:12

Ireally hate the DMC Light Effects threads.I prefer Krenik threads any day of the week.

Hammy Publish time 2013-7-17 14:58

Light effects is hard to work with. They are rigid, and must handle with care to make beautiful stitches.
I prefer Kreinik too.

witch62 Publish time 2013-7-17 17:19

light effect are similiar to hand dyed, you must close each stitch immediatly to get a smooth effect, if not the color looks messy and you lose the shades

kreinik is similiar to metallic dmc, both can profit from using thread heaven but you must remeber to cut them shorter then normal mouline, is no longer the half a yard/45 cm

all of those are more expensive then plain full color so your work will be more expensive

pandora76 Publish time 2013-7-17 21:34

Those threads are horrible.If you want a metallic take a look at Rainbow Gallery's "Petite Treasure Braid".SO easy to use.As a distant second my choice would be Kreinik metallics.

Hammy Publish time 2013-7-18 01:15

witch62 replied at 2013-7-17 17:19 static/image/common/back.gif
light effect are similiar to hand dyed, you must close each stitch immediatly to get a smooth effect ...

Dear witch, you are mistaken.

This is light effect, similar to mettalics, very rigid floss, hard to work with. Nice and shiny, come in precious metal and gemstone shades.

This is variegrated floss, THIS is similar to hand dyed. It is like normal floss, easy to stitch with.
As te color changes, you should complete each stitch separately before beginning the next one, in order the color changes show beautifully.

siennaX Publish time 2013-7-19 06:13

DMC Light Effects are horrible.No way are they worth the headache that is stitching with them (even if they are on sale).Krenik and Rainbow Gallery PTB are much better products.

Vania Dimitrova Publish time 2019-10-15 18:45

Благодаря!
Pages: [1] 2
View full version: Question about DMC Light Effects threads