120605 Publish time 2012-5-15 03:56

My tip for stitching ...

I work with my pc ... I do n ot print the charts ... and when is in sheets .. I scanned all ....
Now you must ask .... WHY?

1. Do not need use paper and save some trees .. of course ... we live in a borugh planet ... must save for the future!!

2. You can zoom bigger and bigger .... so you never have tired eyes!!! and is that why I LOVE REPAINT ... we have an option like the pícture bellow:
You can "illuminated" only the color you are using, you can see the other colors more vanished...

Make a big zoom ...you can go til 400% of zoom
and here another tip : if you change the count of fabric from 14 to 5 ... you can use more zoom!!

you can see better the backstitches .......

Repaint is all to me!!

bugcanyon222 Publish time 2024-1-1 11:47

I try to use digital patterns when I can. Pattern Keeper on Android is awesome.

Knitpurlsm Publish time 2024-4-9 01:04

Thanks for the info!

auslbhwong Publish time 2024-1-3 15:59

Thanks for sharing

kalben Publish time 2023-12-26 14:57

Thank you very much

htsear13 Publish time 2022-2-10 03:41

Thanks for sharing

Tizonlyme Publish time 2012-5-15 04:10

That's great Glass Angel - I can see why you like it!Trouble is I do not have a laptop- only a pc in my study and would get lonely sitting there stitching on my own!!   Maybe a laptop shouldbe on my christmas list!!

HollyBlue Publish time 2012-5-15 04:22

I mark my charts off with a highlighter pen - I don't think my pc screen would like the highlighter very much!;P

Geertruida Publish time 2012-5-15 04:33

Edited by Geertruida at 2012-5-15 06:13

That's exactly the way I stitch. Just from the PC... just use repaints (xsd-files) to stitch.
I change the background color in the background-options. I first select all colors in my pallet.
Then I give them all the same background color...WHITE.
Then I only change the background-symbol-colour of the color I want to stitch. I change it in BLUE.
Then I add the color I want to stich AGAIN in my pallet, but now with it´s original backgroundcolor. This I use to mark the stitches that I have done.

I stitch this way for many years now and never have to use the printer again!
I have a PC in my studyroom and in the evenings I use my laptop when I want to stitch in the livingroom.
This is a great way to save paper and ink AND my eyes are so happy with it!
Here is an example:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2294/97525346.jpg

HollyBlue Publish time 2012-5-15 04:37

I honestly couldn't be bothered with faffing about with a pc for every stitch.

I have magnetic boards, magnetic strips and highlighters.I can sit comfortably to stitch.

And as for saving paper - well the speed I stitch at the saving in paper would be very minimal.

120605 Publish time 2012-5-15 05:24

We can use the tablets!! They are like a paper ... but better .... we can use zoom ... highlight .. without have to make by hand!!

KIMJINOK Publish time 2012-5-15 05:42

WOW very good idea!!!!
i will try~~:loveliness::loveliness::loveliness::loveliness:

Geertruida Publish time 2012-5-15 06:20

HollyBlue replied at 2012-5-15 04:37 static/image/common/back.gif
I honestly couldn't be bothered with faffing about with a pc for every stitch.

I have magnetic bo ...

Oh... well.... everybody does it on it's own way. I used to do it your way, but now the stitching is so much easier.... especially with a chart like HEAD's were there are so many "confetti-stitches).

stpal Publish time 2012-5-15 07:19

I love the idea, BUT{:2_29:} I do my stitching in the family room with my floor stand.

I STILL KILL ALL THE TREES{:3_53:}

I'm so ashamed!!!!::'(

Strawberry Cat Publish time 2012-5-15 09:14

This is a great idea, GlassAngel, and I'm glad you're sharing it with others. It sure makes following the chart easier, especially when there are many colour changes - having the option to zoom and highlight is truly a blessing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
View full version: My tip for stitching ...