| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: vividear
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] stitching your name on a finished piece?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-11-1 07:55
| Show all posts
I always place my initials and year on my work..even if I hide it in it:lol

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-1 08:13
| Show all posts
Biddy replied at 2012-10-31 13:10
What size and what sort of alphabet do you use to do this? I have always wondered about doing it but ...

I always sign my work as well with my initials and the year of completion usually in the lower right hand corner.  (date of completion I would put '12 for 2012)  If it is a gift, and I have it framed, on the back of the framed piece I always write either a personal message or a poem that I have which says: "With my needle, thread and cloth, this I made from my heart."  Sometimes I will write the name of the piece along with the designer's name and date of completion on the back of the frame as well.  Insofar as the size of the alphabet, I usually like to keep it small and simple...i.e. 2 squares high by maximum of 2 squares wide with one square in between letters.  Hope this helps!

Comments

Thanks scotchnsoda. I linked to the site that vividear mentioned and it was very clear as to what you were saying. Many thanks.  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-3 03:03

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2012-11-2 03:11
| Show all posts
Biddy replied at 2012-10-31 18:10
What size and what sort of alphabet do you use to do this? I have always wondered about doing it but ...

The size depends on your finishd cross stitch. I haven't done any extra large pieces so I backstitch my name .. because it's the perfect size to me. Here is a link to a site that explains it well! You can either choose to backstitch or cross stitch your name. It shows examples too which is helpful!

just copy and paste the link
www.
scarletquince.com/signing.php

Comments

Thanks for this link it was really useful. I also linked from there to the Yarn Tree which had 12 pages of alphabets also. Many thanks.  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-3 03:01

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason
Happy_Stitcher + 6 Usefull

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-2 16:28
| Show all posts
I usually put a label on the back, but I don't sign my name unless the chart has a place for it!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-3 03:01
| Show all posts
vividear replied at 2012-11-2 07:11
The size depends on your finishd cross stitch. I haven't done any extra large pieces so I backstit ...

Thanks for this link it was really useful. I also linked from there to the Yarn Tree which had 12 pages of alphabets also. Many thanks.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-3 03:03
| Show all posts
scotchnsoda replied at 2012-11-1 12:13
I always sign my work as well with my initials and the year of completion usually in the lower rig ...

Thanks scotchnsoda. I linked to the site that vividear mentioned and it was very clear as to what you were saying. Many thanks.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-6 04:21
| Show all posts
I sign my initials and finish date so I know when the project was finished.  Different projects reflect different parts of my life I find.

Comments

Very true! I especially like stitching the year.  Details Reply Post time 2012-11-19 11:13

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-15 07:10
| Show all posts
I do put my name in all the one i have fishing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-16 09:54
| Show all posts
i thought about doing this once but still never done so. mostly its because i would think putting my name would be take up quite a bit of space but since some of you just put initials, i think i'll try that now~

Comments

Yes, initials don't take up much room at all!  Post time 2012-11-19 11:14

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-11-16 12:19
| Show all posts
Always do.....I was informed by a friend for whom I did my first large piece that I simply must, because she wanted to remember that I did it and when!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 21:37 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.084228 sec., 21 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list