| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: vividear
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] stitching your name on a finished piece?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-1-27 16:02
| Show all posts
I used to sign all my Tapestry's that I did but haven't signed any of my cross stitch work yet but may do in backstitch
I also think if you are going to sign them you need at least first initial and surname and complete date as in 2013 after all thats what got computers in trouble in 2000
your work may still be around in 100 years time !!!!!!!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-2-7 00:00
| Show all posts
I usually add a label on the back of a framed piece of work, saying the name of the piece, the date when I finished stitching it and my name.  I also put another label inside the framing, so if it is taken out to be re-framed then it can be identified again.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-2-18 11:56
| Show all posts
I did if on a large piece, but not on a small one.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-7 05:03
| Show all posts
oh i must do this  to my larger works too, the smaller ones i've done are only bookmarks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-8 12:26
| Show all posts
I only sign the big pieces. If it has taken me a year or more then I think I deserve my name on it. Usually 3 squares high and freehand back-stitch.   I have crazily long hair and I always wondered if maybe I should wind a strand of hair into the signature - in 100 years there will be a name and DNA evidence of who made it. Haven't done it yet, I think its a bit too weird, even for me.:o

Comments

I am always sure that there is probably my hair caught in the picture in spite of my best intentions!  Post time 2015-2-21 01:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-9 21:44
| Show all posts
I would like to sign my name on my finished piece! I always keep a sample of my favourite cross-stitched alphabets, and I stitch my name & the date onto a corner of the fabric.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-10 00:40
| Show all posts
I always 'sign' my work. Usually nothing fancy - my initials on small stuff, my name and date completed on bigger pieces. If it is to be framed I usually put it where it will be hidden under the frame.

I didn't when I started stitching but when my great aunt died i inherited two quilts and a tablecloth that have been in the family for years but now no-one knows who made them.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-11 00:22
| Show all posts
Eu nunca assinei, mas acho uma otima ideia ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-3-11 09:13
| Show all posts
I will do it from now also.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-4-13 10:10
| Show all posts
nunca he puesto mi nombre pero creo que es muy buena idea:)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 14:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.061399 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list