Forgot password?
 Register
Author: Hamsteren09
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Gridding Cross Stitch Fabric

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-2-3 16:24
| Show all posts
I've been stitching 31 years and have never gridded a project. I've never needed to. I just use the stitch count and add two inches of blank area around the whole design for framing purposes.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-5 10:29
| Show all posts
I use fishing line - as it is bright, strong and monofilament so can't be pierced :)

Comments

Hi that is brilliant! Never thought of that but definitely going to use it in my next project!  Post time 2016-2-5 14:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-5 14:52
| Show all posts
I grid rows but not columns on a big project such as HAED but not for anything smaller that about 500x500

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-17 14:33
| Show all posts
I might have to try gridding what is the cheapest way to do this

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 05:25
| Show all posts
I'm new to this site but am loving the amount of information and great tips I am learning - thanks so much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-11 08:31
| Show all posts
i have recently started gridding and i love it, i use a black rayon thread that I get at fabric store, comes in black it is kinda like fishing line but finer. works great, is cheap and works so good

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-7-12 22:28
| Show all posts
Nice! I hadn't heard much about using other forms of thread besides cross stitch thread, but I'm sure a different texture would help you pull it out at the end.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-19 07:57
| Show all posts
Gridding has saved my sanity.  I usually do 30x30 stitch squares, so gridding goes more quickly and i don't have to take out too much if I miss.  I use quilting thread because it doesn't stretch the fabric holes

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-23 01:51
| Show all posts

I just bought some of these too after reading the posts.  I think I'm in love!  I always wash my cross stitch and was concerned about washing the pen marks before ironing.  I wasn't sure they would come out if they got wet first.  However, they got lighter in the wash and then came out completely with the iron.  This is brilliant!!!  Try it out on a scrap of fabric and see what you think!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-4-23 23:17
| Show all posts
GRACIAS...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-26 08:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.058714 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list