Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: Hamsteren09
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Gridding Cross Stitch Fabric

[Copy link]
Post time: 2011-7-22 18:08
| Show all posts
i was so confused with counting wrong and making mistakes - i looked out for good solutions and finde "eaysy count guideline" ... its orange plastic floss, you grid your project with this floss and afterwards you pull it out (i re-use the "used" strands on other prjects). take a look in google (or any other searching site). it really works good, i also mark the grid on my copy, so it´s really comfortable to stitch.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-29 14:20
| Show all posts
So I've never stitched a project large enough to need a grid, but I've got a couple in my line up that are quite large. The actual putting the grid on seems easy, if a bit time consuming, my question lies in the removal of said grid. How does one remove a grid once you've begun stitching? Wouldn't the grid get stitched over or through and thus rendering it irremovable? Advise on the removal of grids...?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-30 14:50
| Show all posts
I would like to know how long it would take to grid a project, say a HAED project?  I've got three in my stash but I am a bit intimidated by them.  I love to stitch, but hate it when I have to rip out and start over, and being a bit of a perfectionist, I have done this quite a few times.  Any idea of time line would be great.

Comments

I grid 10 by 10. If its all going to be covered in the design I mark each corner with wash out pen, and then running stitch up the lines in Sulky Sliver. Takes me about 1 week of hard work.  Post time 2015-2-21 04:02

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-7-30 21:02
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-8-27 19:00
| Show all posts
i grid using Sulky machine thread, its flat and plasticised so you cant stitch through it. I do 10 over 10 under so i have my 10 x 10 blocks, its take a while to grid out a big piece but its worth it as i can pick up mistakes within 3 stitches which saves me frogging a whole nights work.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-13 17:02
| Show all posts
I use the water soluble pen. When I grid a bigger project I set my pen and just pull the material out from under it, kinda like a sewing machine would. It keeps me from losing my place.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-13 23:53
| Show all posts
griding work may seem like extra, but each extra effort makes the end project that much nicer, and yes I have had irritating times removing stitches in the WRONG place because of a missed stitch or whole line.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-18 20:43
| Show all posts
i use the water soluble pen and I have never had any problems

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-20 22:12
| Show all posts
Have you used Magic Guide by DMC?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2011-9-20 22:34
| Show all posts
Thanks for the tips!!

When i finish a work i usually washed them with soft detergent and i never had problems...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-25 07:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.048059 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list