Register
Search
Author: Hamsteren09
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Gridding Cross Stitch Fabric

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-9-27 21:59
| Show all posts
I have seen the easy count grid line, but when I showed it to boyfriend he said, "That's Cajun Red! I have spools of it!" The 4-6lb stuff is perfect for small count fabrics like 18-22ct because it's super fine and bright RED! I do have some of the 10-16 lb stuff in neon GREEN for the larger count fabric's. Granted the guys in the local bait and tackle shop think I'm nuts when I come in and tell them what I want it for, but they think it's great a girl is in the shop that doesn't smell like a pier. ;P

Oh and fishing line is about 1/2 to a 1/3 of the price of the easy count branded stuff from the craft store. You also get about 2 to 3 times the amount. Just be sure to say you need "high visability" line.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-2 09:11
| Show all posts
Thanks for the tip on the fishing line.  I am one of those who baste the entire design area.  With aida, it's ok because the blocks are quite easy to see and count, but linen is another story altogether . . .  sigh.  But no matter, I will try the fishing line.  Cheers, p

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-3 11:30
| Show all posts
i've ever make a grid with soluble pen. but it's very difficult to use with ruler. so i want to asking a question how to grid using ruler or just to sign it 10x10 then make a lines?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-3 13:00
| Show all posts

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-3 13:17
| Show all posts
Thank you for the information... :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-8 13:14
| Show all posts
Gracias por la información ...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-13 04:34
| Show all posts
Hamsteren09 respondió a las 2009-5-26 10:53
When you draw the grids using water soluble pen, sometimes the colour may not all wash out or disapp ...

as you say dark colors can stain the fabric, but sometimes, and I mention that I passed the milestone of framing if not good fences also leave, thank you anyway

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-13 18:55
| Show all posts
Thank you for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-21 21:42
| Show all posts
Very useful info, thanks!

Login/Register to enlarge

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-10-25 16:23
| Show all posts
StitchAndi replied at 2010-1-6 18:08
I have used fishing line, not thread to grid my projects. The same type of nylon line that fishermen ...

me too! in fact I get the bright orange one that can be seen easily, and it pulls out smoothly when needed.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 01:29 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.065807 sec., 11 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list