| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
Author: cute.panda.sue
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] What does the backside of your cross stitch look like?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-6-29 08:25
| Show all posts

I don't understand how you can do that? I need a video tutorial, the book is in another language and I need descriptions!

Comments

sometimes, i'll pass the thread underneath another one so I can keep all the crosses going the same way....but I do go out of my way to plan my path, which means I don't always go in one straight row.  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-29 11:59

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-29 11:59
| Show all posts
A'Moose'd replied at 2013-6-29 08:25
I don't understand how you can do that? I need a video tutorial, the book is in another language a ...

sometimes, i'll pass the thread underneath another one so I can keep all the crosses going the same way....but I do go out of my way to plan my path, which means I don't always go in one straight row....

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-29 12:36
| Show all posts
Wonderful work to you both!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-29 21:38
| Show all posts
Megy replied at 2013-6-28 17:57
hummm I couldn't post the link here but if you go in youtube and search
Ponto Cruz avesso perfeito ...

I've seen similar videos done in English... And I guess there are  two things  that bothers me about that method...one is that it hides the thread in the FRONT... the other is, I like all my X's going the same way, but in the videos, if you move up a level, the direction the X's cross changes :<

Comments

You can thread the other side of your cross UNDER the first one, if necessary. I make mistakes sometimes and this method saved me on some occasions.  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 21:40

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-30 06:47
| Show all posts
Editado por catusiana en 2013-6-30 06:59

A good backside is only possible in work with easy or normal difficulty. In embroidery with high difficulty (like HAED, Golden Kite, etc.) is illogical to think about it, considering that we have to work with at least 100 colours.

When a I did my first cross stitch work concerned me the backside (about 3-4 years ago) but now I think it's too much important to make a perfect cross in the front than to make a perfect backside.

Comments

So I'm beginning to hear... *sigh* At least one could dream...if only for a little while XD  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 06:55

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-30 06:55
| Show all posts
catusiana replied at 2013-6-30 06:47
Editado por catusiana en 2013-6-30 06:48

A good backside is only possible in work with easy or no ...

So I'm beginning to hear... *sigh* At least one could dream...if only for a little while XD

Comments

When I made ​​my first HAED took me months look for information about how to do a good backside, at the end I understood that is more important do a good cross on the front for the effect of paint i  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 07:19

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-30 07:19
| Show all posts
Yenilaia respondió a las 2013-6-30 06:55
So I'm beginning to hear... *sigh* At least one could dream...if only for a little while XD

When I made ​​my first HAED took me months look for information about how to do a good backside, at the end I understood that is more important do a good cross on the front for the effect of paint in this type of work (and the backside will never be seen).

Why I say this? Make a good cross is very complicated because there are many things to note:
- The direction of the cross will be always the same.
- If you using two strands, these should be parallel.
- The tension must be the same.
- All the crosses must be equal.

Here an example

Login/Register to enlarge

Comments

That looks awesome... I am a sticker for having the crosses on in one direction... My current project has threads varying from 1 to 5, which is quite...annoying but I suppose it gives it a different t  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 07:25

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-30 07:25
| Show all posts
catusiana replied at 2013-6-30 07:19
When I made ​​my first HAED took me months look for information about how to do a good backside, ...

That looks awesome... I am a sticker for having the crosses on in one direction... My current project has threads varying from 1 to 5, which is quite...annoying but I suppose it gives it a different texture... I am fairly good at the tension being the same and crosses being equal, but in my next project, i'll definitely be working on keeping two strands parallel... I've purchased some Thread Heaven, and hopefully it'll help keep my threads from tangling/twisting as much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-6-30 10:38
| Show all posts
My stitches all go in one direction, but I stopped worrying about the backside unless it is going to cause problems when mounting and framing.  Your work looks amazing!

Comments

Thanks! Although I feel it is a going a little slow, I prefer to do things right the first time around!  Details Reply Post time 2013-6-30 16:50

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-6-30 16:50
| Show all posts
seb0357 replied at 2013-6-30 10:38
My stitches all go in one direction, but I stopped worrying about the backside unless it is going to ...

Thanks! Although I feel it is a going a little slow, I prefer to do things right the first time around!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 04:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.054647 sec., 16 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list