| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: hat cross stitch Xsd hae xsd Hae
Author: cute.panda.sue
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] What does the backside of your cross stitch look like?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-7-7 07:40
| Show all posts

The biggest I've worked on is a 30x30, and never again LOL! I stretch my fabric on reusable wooden stretchers, the pieces are all different sizes and connect at the corners and I use thumbtacks to keep the fabric in place. I like it better than the round plastic stretchers, especially for larger projects.

I know the diagonal way sounds strange, I learned the left to right version first as well, but once I got used to the right to left, it made my life a whole lot easier. It also seems to cut back on the thread-knotting, but that might just be my imagination LOL

Comments

I can't wait to start my next project! but i'm determined to finish this one first!  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 07:48

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-7 07:48
| Show all posts
lalaland2013 replied at 2013-7-7 07:40
The biggest I've worked on is a 30x30, and never again LOL! I stretch my fabric on reusable wooden ...

I can't wait to start my next project! but i'm determined to finish this one first!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-7 07:55
| Show all posts
Don't hesitate to start a new project before finishing an old one. Sometimes walking away for a little while can be good, especially if you're getting frustrated or making mistakes. I usually have 2 projects going on at the same time to keep things fresh... my mother has about 4 right now! LOL... the one I'm working on now is a Lickle Ted one for a friend, he's one of my favorite characters for kids rooms or nurseries :)
Lickle-Story1.jpg

Comments

That looks cute I am just determined to finish this one first since it's my first project ever XD  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 08:03

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-7 07:56
| Show all posts
BTW, the back area you saw were the bunny's ears!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-7 08:03
| Show all posts
lalaland2013 replied at 2013-7-7 07:55
Don't hesitate to start a new project before finishing an old one. Sometimes walking away for a litt ...

That looks cute :D

I am just determined to finish this one first since it's my first project ever XD

Comments

Absolutely! Congrats on your first ever, please post pics when you're finished, can't wait to see the final project!  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 08:40

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-7 08:40
| Show all posts
Yenilaia replied at 2013-7-7 08:03
That looks cute

I am just determined to finish this one first since it's my first project ever ...

Absolutely! Congrats on your first ever, please post pics when you're finished, can't wait to see the final project!

Comments

Working hard on it right now it's only a 4 page pattern....but i've almost finished 2 full pages and bits of the other 2...  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-7 09:29

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-7 09:29
| Show all posts
lalaland2013 replied at 2013-7-7 08:40
Absolutely! Congrats on your first ever, please post pics when you're finished, can't wait to see  ...

Working hard on it right now :D  it's only a 4 page pattern....but i've almost finished 2 full pages and bits of the other 2...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-11 00:18
| Show all posts
congrats for your first project, it's a big one and on dark fabric too and you have done a nice back - perfect reverse is usually reserved for peculiar works as courtains where somebody can easily see both sides of your work
as long as it has no bumps and no tread is seen trough is fine for me
if the front looks good

Comments

It seems to be getting increasingly messy! especially with the small sporadic stitches I am having to secure =( I have looked into the perfect reverse but I would either have to choose between the cro  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-16 02:56

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-7-15 23:00
| Show all posts
Do not worry, it is a good back of the project. Neat back is desirable for beautiful front, but I don't worry when some threads carried for a few stitches length.

Comments

Yes, a few stitches I'm okay with...but I always have to make sure it's not going diagonally... I try to slip it in under other stitches to make it only go horizontally or vertically...It can be a pai  Details Reply Post time 2013-7-16 02:57

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-7-16 02:56
| Show all posts
witch62 replied at 2013-7-11 00:18
congrats for your first project, it's a big one and on dark fabric too and you have done a nice back ...

It seems to be getting increasingly messy! especially with the small sporadic stitches I am having to secure =( I have looked into the perfect reverse but I would either have to choose between the crosses going both ways, which I hate, or do extra work by slipping stitches underneath to make all the crosses uniform. I don't know if i have that patience in me for my next project which will be fairly large!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 07:47 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.089256 sec., 25 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list