Collapse the left

Helpful Hints for using this Forum

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-10-2 08:33
| Show all posts
Edited by anniekins at 2017-2-26 11:27

Don't choose "Buy all Attachements",

Comments

this is only for when someone posts the entire magazine as say 12 parts, then posts some patterns individually for if you only want one pattern. "Buy all" is very useful if only the full mag is posted   Post time 2013-10-23 17:37

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +5 Collapse Reason
Weezie + 5 Thanks, who knew?

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-2 13:10
| Show all posts
:)If you are wondering how your Points/Money/Credits is determined, here's the formula:

Points= (Total score=PostsX0.1+ThreadsX0.26+DigestsX5+Online Time (hours)/1.5 )

It's recently been changed and updated to English (I still haven't figured out what a digest is, tho, and when I hover over other avatars, their digest says '0') :o

So it's determined by the number of Posts you make, the Threads you start and how much time you spend online(and the digests) You can easily see these numbers by just hovering your mouse over your avatar on any post you've made or click on your avatar at the top right corner of any page and then click on "personal info" on that next page.

You can still move up in Levels even if you don't post a lot of patterns and charts, you can still start a Thread on another topic, or ask a question, I never posted a pattern until I was at Level 3.

If you keep a close eye on your online hours, you'll notice they may stay the same for several days then have a sudden jump, sometimes mine will jump 15-20 hours at a time and so will my points, it seems to happen a few times a week, so keep an eye on yours, especially if you are close to changing levels.

Often the jump will take place overnight and you'll wake up and find you are at a new level because your hours and points have gone up enough to push you into that next Level .. a nice surprise!:loveliness:

Comments

@oingoboingo. No. In your example it would go up 2 points. Another way of saying it is (one tenth of posts) plus (one quarter of threads) plus (two thirds of hours)  Post time 2013-10-23 18:11
I'm not sure how the points for online time are calculated. If I am online 3 hrs, then should I get 3x1.5 = 4.5 points? Although I am online a lot, my points never jump by more than 2-3 points. Ever.  Post time 2013-10-15 02:29
Digests were discontinued early last year; not sure how that effects the numbers anymore  Post time 2013-10-9 10:17
Read somewhere that digest is threads that have over certain number of replies for a short period of time. Sorry, don't remember exact details. Moderator help ?  Post time 2013-10-3 11:03

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-2 13:52
| Show all posts
This was useful and informative.  Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-2 14:22
| Show all posts
Thank you so much Weezie all this information it is helping me greatly understand things around here... And yeah what is a digest???? Anyone know???

Comments

Sorry, impatient me ! Apologies for the comment above on digest.  Post time 2013-10-3 11:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-3 05:03
| Show all posts
comboutgirl replied at 2013-10-2 01:22
Thank you so much Weezie all this information it is helping me greatly understand things around here ...

found them!!

Looks like they are all repaints- Here's a list of the newest...

http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php?mod=guide&view=digest

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-5 02:10
| Show all posts
DIGEST is out of function

Comments

Thanks for the update!  Post time 2013-10-5 07:47

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-5 07:46
| Show all posts
Bleu replied at 2013-10-4 13:10
DIGEST is out of function

Digest is out of function... Hmmm, then I guess it doesn't count toward our points after all.. if we're following this formula, that was just updated into English this week-

Points= (Total score=PostsX0.1+ThreadsX0.26+DigestsX5+Online Time (hours)/1.5 )

So Points are now just determined by Posts, Threads and Online Time

Comments

Yes except Trixsey hasn't been here in over a year and apparently a LOT has changed huh?  Post time 2013-10-9 10:19

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-5 14:51
| Show all posts
Weezie replied at 2013-9-26 05:57
Opening Compressed Files using WinRAR

This was one of my biggest obstacles I had when I first start ...

Thank you so much this step by step guide is so explanatory and helpful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-5 17:58
| Show all posts
Original geschrieben von Weezie um 2013-10-5 00:46
Digest is out of function... Hmmm, then I guess it doesn't count toward our points after all.. if  ...

It's always helpfully to read
the HELP THREADS in FORUM BULLETIN.,
because Trixey made a great job.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-5 22:13
| Show all posts
Edited by Weezie at 2013-10-5 23:16

**Using Collections and Advanced Search

Another way to search for an item you are looking for, or just to see what's here if you are browsing the board is to make use of the Collections area. Anyone can make a collection, and the number you are allowed increases as your Level increases.

Just click on Collections at the top of the page on the blue bar or use the links below and your can take a look. If you see one you like, you can subscribe, too, it just highlights it for you to make it easier to find later. Feel free to leave a comment for the list's owner, or give it some stars in appreciation.

Collections are a nice way to sort things out if you like a certain designer, you can start a collection just to keep them all together (I have one for Annie's Attic Crochet Patterns as an example) or to keep a list of items that you like to make all together (like my Hats, Hats, Hats and Beanies, lots of crazy hats)

It's your collection- you can name it whatever you want and add whatever you want to the list, just a nice way to keep patterns you like together. You can add and remove patterns anytime, too.

Links to above mentioned Collections-
Collections Page -http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php?mod=collection
Annie's Attic Collection- http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... =view&ctid=1369
Hat, Hats, Hats and Beanies- http://www.pindiy.com/forum.php? ... =1485&fromop=my

**Advanced Search

When you are searching for an item, I'll use 'doily' as an example- when you type it in, a long list comes up. You can narrow that down a bit if you look up in the right corner you will see another search bar with the word "advanced" above it. Click on "Advance" and you can now just search for "doily" in just the crochet or knitting area or maybe you want to check on doily in the bounty area, this will help your search ,,, and be sure to use the words 'doilie', 'doilies' 'd'oilie' too! (and any other possible way you can think to spell it)

Click here for an example of the advanced search page- http://www.pindiy.com/search.php?mod=forum&adv=yes

Keep an eye on what ends up in the search space- sometimes old search terms pop back in there and you have to delete them and start over- it'll happen just when you think you finally get it right, too, so watch that space, lol! Using Advanced search gives you many options, take advantae of them to narrow your search, it's a great help.

@medillon61 has a nice link where she has explained using Collections and Advanced searches - take a look, nice explanation it's #10 in this thread - http://www.pindiy.com/for ... 9207&extra=page%3D1

Comments

To quickly get to the Advanced search just click on Search with the box empty. The page that appears will have a link to the new input box that takes you straight to advanced searching.  Post time 2013-10-6 02:50

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 22:27 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.297766 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list