Search
Hot search: AR doll Spanish Free russian
Author: birdcageseasons
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Gold plated needles

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-3-17 15:58
| Show all posts
I don't really see any difference...if you are in asia, probably you can get the gold ones from amazon, there's a japanese brand called clover and they have all kinds of gold needles and all others cross stitch stuff

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-4-21 19:24
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-6-28 19:23
| Show all posts
Hi all,

I started this thread a while ago, so now that I have actually used gold plated needles I thought I would post an update.

Got them in Amazon (believe it or not, couldn't find any in Oxfordshire!) and they are John James'.

I was rather skeptical was I thought I would go for them as I had never bought proper good quality needles. As it turns out, I love them!! I find they go through the fabric much easier, and they are a pleasure to stitch with - I find I stitch faster.

This is only my opinion, I know many people don't find any difference at all, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I like them a lot.

xx

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-3 05:09
| Show all posts
birdcageseasons: I use John James gold-plated needles as well and agree that they slide through my fabric much more easily than any other brand I have tried.  You are not imaging things. :) They are definitely worth it!

Comments

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I had read about them in cross stitch mags, and didn't really believe it, but I have to say I love stitching with them. xx  Details Reply Post time 2014-7-3 18:04

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2014-7-3 18:04
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
Nevereverever

Login/Register to enlarge
2014-7-3 05:09

birdcageseasons: I use John James gold-plated needles as well and agree that they slide through my f ...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

I had read about them in cross stitch mags, and didn't really believe it, but I have to say I love stitching with them.

xx

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-18 15:35
| Show all posts
I've tried all and haven't noticed a difference. It's interesting that some people think gold plated make it go through easier. I might just have to give it another go.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-23 02:24
| Show all posts
I have used gold plated before, but not platinum.  My current favorite is John James petites, but they're neither gold or platinum.  The gold eventually wears off or tarnishes when I use them.  And hadn't noticed a big difference in the way it slides through material, either.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-27 02:01
| Show all posts
I buy 21K gold plated needles at The Cross Stitch Guild (online) in the UK. They are very good and durable :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-11-7 22:00
| Show all posts
I thought a needle was just a needle, now I am going to try different types! :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-11-18 16:45
| Show all posts
I have tried gold plated needles, and I wasn't a big fan- I actually found them harder to slide through the fabric. I just use standard needles, and remove the tarnish with an emery bag.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-24 10:53 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.042067 sec., 13 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list