| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
View: 3208|Reply: 32
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Have you ever done this???

[Copy link]
Post time: 2013-10-7 05:13
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Kathy2eggs at 2013-10-6 13:16

I thought I was being smart and thrifty by using a scrap and doing a little biscornu...ha ha...I screwed up good.  I thought I had counted enough squares, and then miscounted the border...yipes, no place to go.  Think I will just trim a bit off, and sewing it into a tiny round thingy....like a box, only round?  My hubby just laughed...all that time for nothing...well, not what I wanted anyway.:'(

Another one that I tried and miscounted....oh well, thank goodness I don't have to make a living this way!:shutup:

IMG_5659[1].jpg

did you ever.jpg

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-1-25 04:30
| Show all posts
Something like that...calculate size, add reserve, 3x measure the cloth, carefully cut, make grid!!!, start in the middle...and next is finding, that pattern is for aida 16 and I have aida 14 in my qsnap............ :Q  (and not cheeper domestic white aida, but very expensive foreign color or natural... :'( )
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-24 19:56
| Show all posts
Hi hi hi,  I understand you very good.  I missed  middle of the  tablecloth  :)   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-23 06:45
| Show all posts
.... hmm, no´, never happened to me - but I always count wrong with my crosses! ALWAYS!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-2-7 09:20
| Show all posts
I've done this too, its very frustrating

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-26 22:50
| Show all posts
Oh, that's a real pity. Such nice work!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-2 19:00
| Show all posts
thanks so much for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 06:57
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-9-6 01:59
| Show all posts
Siguiendo este hilo

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-26 13:55
| Show all posts
so beautiful!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-7 05:26
| Show all posts
Nope, nothing like that has ever happened to me, sowwy... ;P

On the biscornu one, you can just undo the darker pink border and sew it together. There won't be much room to work with but it's doable.

Big hug!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-7 05:35
| Show all posts
Countless times- and every time I say " I have learned my lesson!" Good luck ,:)your stitching is lovely!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-7 05:46
| Show all posts
I think many of us have at one time or another have mixed up our colours........ cloth count and size, you name it, I've probably done it!   :lol   Keeps me human and humble!

I've even tacked cloth underneath what I was stitching so I could finish the design!    Didn't look so pretty though!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-7 07:00
| Show all posts

Thanks for the tip, I might just sew it around a wooden spool....then try again!!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-7 07:00
| Show all posts
Verank replied at 2013-10-6 13:35
Countless times- and every time I say " I have learned my lesson!" Good luck ,your stitching is lo ...

Usually I start in the middle of a big piece, and then have so much extra to trim off....;P

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2013-10-7 07:01
| Show all posts
LouAnna replied at 2013-10-6 13:46
I think many of us have at one time or another have mixed up our colours........ cloth count and siz ...

Thanks LouAnna, I feel like it's only me that does that.:o

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-7 07:44
| Show all posts
This is Sad. Hope you can work it out.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-7 08:16
| Show all posts
I've done it and I wasn't happy, miss counted on a big project so nothing matched up. I put it away and haven't looked at it for about a year. I know I'll have to get it out again some time and fix it but dont knoe when now I've found this site there's so many projects I'd like to do before I go back and fix my mistakes...... Lol
Good luck

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-10-7 09:56
| Show all posts
I have to admit and I have been stitching on and off for years - but there is always a mistake in my pieces or a change of some kind (I hate pulling out stitches and if I fail to catch it right away and it looks ok I leave it)  I would do what someone else suggested and just take out the dark pink and try to do it.  Never know might not be so bad :)

Comments

Me too! I think it then makes my piece unique the fact that I fail to completely follow the pattern every time  Details Reply Post time 2014-7-26 11:24

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 22:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.095374 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list