| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: GrannyNeedle55
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Have you ever done this???

[Copy link]
Post time: 2014-7-17 09:21
| Show all posts
This is why they call us "humans."  I think it's cool you can figure out what to do.  I would send it TO my sister, because SHE would figure out what to do.

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-22 21:10
| Show all posts
I've got a cusion I'm part way through but stupidly didn't start in the middle (which I always usually do) so the design isn't in the centre!  I'm planning to extend the design a little using my imagination so that it fits (it's a premade cushion) and hope it looks ok!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-26 11:24
| Show all posts
medillon61 2013-10-7 09:56
I have to admit and I have been stitching on and off for years - but there is always a mistake in my ...

Me too! I think it then makes my piece unique the fact that I fail to completely follow the pattern every time :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-27 23:38
| Show all posts
This USED to happen to me but now I grid. Gridding takes about a good half an hour but it prevents you from spending hours on a project only to realize you don't have enough space. I definitely frog a lot less too as well. I only have to frog if I used the wrong color. So if you grid, you will immediately know if you have enough space. The other benefit of gridding is that you can find yourself pretty easy on a chart. I skip around to get the parts of the chart I like. When you grid, you can do that. I can do anything I want anytime I want with gridding. I am working on an Alisa 4-11 and the uppermost corner has the man's hair on it. I found that to be boring so i am now working on the woman's face and the man kissing her. Gridding gives me that option. I only have to frog - remove stitches, whenever i use the wrong color. I mark as i go so I know exactly where my stitches go. I only pull when i use the wrong color. I would highly suggest gridding to avoid having this happen to you in the future. You will know how big your chart will be and if you need more material for edging, you can use another piece. Hope this helps!! :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-28 00:00
| Show all posts
GrannyNeedle55 2013-10-8 04:27
I have the pen and afraid to use it!

I have a pen that has a purple tip on one end and a blue tip on the other. And this one definitely works. I used the blue end on white dmc floss and the marks faded after about a week on their own without any water at all. So I know that it does work. And the purple end, the marks fade after 2 hours or so without water as well. The other marker I do have but did not try to remove the blue marks yet on my fabric. The marks have been on my fabric now for about a month and they did not fade over time. I did use water on them a few minutes ago and the marks did go away. Now if they come back, I don't know about that. You might need to wet the material and gently wipe the marker away but I only so far have wet the material and the marks are gone. IF they come back, i will let you know. But the marker medallion is talking about i do have and i use it to mark my material and you do not have to keep re-marking the area over and over again. But as to whether the marks go away and stay away with water, so far it does seem to be working for me so far....

Comments

Just in case anybody is reading though this, I have definitely cases of people using the blue wash out markers, washing it out, thinking its fine, framing, and then it coming back years later.  Post time 2015-2-21 02:53

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-28 13:11
| Show all posts
I calculate the finished size of the piece and then add my border/finishing area. I then start in the middle and work out, (or a corner/side of the piece), I just do it in inches based on # of stitches given the fabric count, I know you've said that you haven't had any problems with it marking, I would just be paranoid.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-9-10 04:22
| Show all posts
I have not had that exact issue but I miscounted on a large project and noticed it after I had over 2000+ stitches added was upset for a long time:@

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-9-29 02:14
| Show all posts
I have done that but never with small pieces lol its always big ones and then I have to start all over

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-5 15:58
| Show all posts
Yo acabaría el cesto como si fuese redondo y asi aprovecharía  el trabajo realizado, no seria lo mismo pero por lo menos podría servir para un cuadrito pequeño

Comments

I was so just thinking the same! Looking at the age of this thread maybe the stitching got resolved? It sure would be interesting to find out!  Post time 2015-2-21 02:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-25 19:50
| Show all posts
I've miscounted before - but thankfully due to my gridding I find out before I actually start stitching!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 23:01 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.072898 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list