Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 5849|Reply: 41
Collapse the left

Best software for creating your own patterns

[Copy link]
PinDIY
PinDIY  Post time 2014-7-3 04:32 |Read mode
Edited by anniekins at 2015-7-1 02:01

I'm on a Windows 7 computer and can't figure out which software will work best for me. I've downloaded PCStitch to try but find the cost intimidating. I would like to create my own patterns from scratch that would translate well into files that would work in print books.

Any suggestions?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-11-8 01:59
| Show all posts
thank you, i'm looking for a cross stitch software too.

Comments

All the major ones can be found here. Try them all and find your favorite. I like Pattern Maker myself. There are excellent posts on installing them here also. Good Luck!  Post time 2016-11-13 00:55
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-3 06:28
| Show all posts
Do you mean you downloaded it from their website or from here on the forum?  I love the PM4 pro version and it works on my windows 7. Being as you can download all of them right here in the forum, why not get them all? I have these installed and enjoy them.
Pattern Maker 4 pro version or PM4 ( my favorite) which opens xsd files.
PC Stitch 7 or PCS7 which opens all pat files except for PC10 files
PC Stitch10 or PCS10 which opens pat files
Myria Cross Converter which can convert files from xsd to pat, pat to xsd, except for PCS10 files.
As you can tell the PCS10 is a program unto itself. You can't open PCS10 files in any other PCS program but it's own and the Myria converter can't convert PCS10 files. Still it's nice to have in case you run across a pattern that you fall in love with and must have. Some can get theirs to print, but I can't so it's not one I care for much even though it's the latest version of PCS software. There are also other versions of PCS that don't like to be converted in the Myria cross but I've found a way around that by simply opening the file in the PCS7, saving the file and closing the PCS7,and then opening the MC, find the file and export to xsd for the PM4. That's why I like the PCS7 best out of all of the pcs versions. Most times it will do it all. At least for what I need. Anyway, others may have more info or advice. This is just what I find works best for me. Just get to doing your TASKS everyday, comment when you can, and compliment others works and pattern posts and you'll have the coin in no time to download all the nice programs here. You will love them once you start using them. :loveliness:

Rate

Number of participants 2Gold Coins +17 Collapse Reason
Countedout + 2 Thank you very much!
Moya + 15 Well done !! and Very usefull for newbies!!

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-10 22:18
| Show all posts
Hola chicas, yo no soy capaz de convertir fotos a graficos. tengo una foto muy bonita que me gustaria pasar a px para hacerselo a mi pequeña  sobrina-nieta. Alguna de vosotras me podeis hacer  la conversion?
Gracias
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-13 16:13
| Show all posts
Moya 2014-7-6 12:12
I use Pattern Maker v4.04 PRO + ME runs on Windows 7 (xsd files.) .... have many others more .... bu ...

did you just download the file and then run? i have few coins so i want to make sure its working hehe :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-25 00:14
| Show all posts
evenflo09 2014-7-3 06:28
Do you mean you downloaded it from their website or from here on the forum?  I love the PM4 pro vers ...

very nice suggestion, it helps me a lot too

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-8 01:34
| Show all posts
Thanks for information! I  <3 pcs 7, the best! :P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-18 12:54
| Show all posts
Just came across this, seems to still be relevant, thanks!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-12 23:23
| Show all posts
      Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-8 02:51
| Show all posts
Good to know, thank you for your advise

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-6 12:12
| Show all posts
Edited by -Deleted- at 2014-7-6 12:14

I use Pattern Maker v4.04 PRO + ME runs on Windows 7 (xsd files.) .... have many others more .... but this one is my favorite!!
You can find here:
Pattern Maker v4.04 PRO + ME runs on Windows 7

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-7-23 15:19
| Show all posts
thank allot:):)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-9-5 04:12
| Show all posts
I find that I love the free program called Pic2Pat. Its something you can find on the web, free to use, and SUPER easy. Just upload your pic and choose a few options and you're done. I've made some really fab patterns with the "program"

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-3 14:41
| Show all posts
Thank you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-10-8 02:59
| Show all posts
Thank you!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-12-19 15:05
| Show all posts
thank you so much

Use magic Report

Post time: 2014-12-24 10:27
| Show all posts
Thank you for the information, it is great for me being a newbie and I would not know all of the different programs and what they do.  :D:D:D:D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-1-7 16:33
| Show all posts
Gracias por la información, voy a descargarme el programa a ver si así consigo lo que quiero

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 13:25 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.070715 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list