Register
Search
View: 636|Reply: 10
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] knitting I-Cord cast on

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-3-12 00:53
| Show all posts |Read mode
ok i was very depressed i have had to take this particular sleeve apart 3 times so far :(  so i decided to do some research. in a number of my collection of patterns they ask for a i-cord cast on. apparently there are a few  ways of doing this
1. cast on 3 to 4 stitches. using either long-tail, cable/knitted cast on or a provisional cast on.
2. most of them have you knitting f/b for the first stitch and then just moving the 3 stitches back to the working needle
there where a few other ways of doing this that i found interesting.
EliZZZa had you just make the i-cord - making sure you do one complete i-cord stitch for every stitch you need then going back and picking up the stitches. to make sure they are nice and tight on your next row purl threw the back loop.
this one i found really interesting. oftroy had a video on i-cord cast on and i-cord selvage
this is the one with the provisional cast on. and instead of k/b in the first stitch she yarn's over.   
i hope you found this interesting and helpful. i haven't a clue on which one i will try or do. i would post the links but that is not allowed. i have mentioned names so if you search by using i-cord  youtube a number of them will show.

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +2 Collapse Reason
tigre + 2 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2015-3-12 01:37
| Show all posts
Edited by Bleu at 2015-3-11 18:39

knittingangel, if you wanna share knitting tutorials per video,
please read here and get reward from admin for this

http://www.pindiy.com/thread-222316-1-1.html

you can also contact Turquoise for any instructions.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-3-12 04:21
| Show all posts
thank you for posting this KnittingAngel it's very helpful.......:) I've only tried the cast on where you kfb...........,so I'll have to check out the other methods of y/o and provisional...............:lol

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-3-13 04:21
| Show all posts
thank you. now just have to figure out where i can post them. i look at new postings and was unable to figure out where to put the ink for the videos. or if there is a special place to put these types of videos. i learn by watching videos i also have classes.

Comments

Don't get disheartened - when I first started I was forever posting threads in the wrong section because I thought of something while reading a forum it didn't fit in!  Post time 2015-3-13 21:49
i don't get written directions. lol i am glad my post was helpful. this is the ssecond time i tried this. the first time was in the wrong place lol  Details Reply Post time 2015-3-13 07:09
i just don't get written directions. lol. i am glad you like the information i posted  Details Reply Post time 2015-3-13 07:08
I find online videos extremely helpful because, very often, written and/or just photographed instructions just don't explain everything I want to know.................  Post time 2015-3-13 06:55

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-3-13 07:08
| Show all posts

Login/Register to enlarge
KnittingAngel

2015-3-13 04:21

thank you. now just have to figure out where i can post them. i look at new postings and was unable  ...

i just don't get written directions. lol. i am glad you like the information i posted

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-3-13 07:09
| Show all posts

KnittingAngel

2015-3-13 04:21

thank you. now just have to figure out where i can post them. i look at new postings and was unable  ...

i don't get written directions. lol i am glad my post was helpful. this is the ssecond time i tried this. the first time was in the wrong place lol

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-7-30 00:20
| Show all posts
Thank you ;)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-20 17:37
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-4 19:38
| Show all posts
Спасибо

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:24
| Show all posts
This is awesome

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 05:17 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.098698 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list