Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
View: 1265|Reply: 13
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] using parking in HAED

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-5-8 19:15
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have only just started doing Parking for stitching HAED. very happy but is a very different way to stitch, Any advice?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2017-1-25 19:19
| Show all posts
While parking is a great technique for most patterns there are some where it just isn't as applicable. The pattern I'm stitching at the moment is huge with lots of minute changes in color. When I considered how it would be to sew using parking, not only would I have to have 30-50 some threads going at any one time, but the waste of thread would be extreme as there was often a lot of space between stitches. It was just easier to follow colors one at the time and go where they were going, which believe me was in no way straight up and down.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-3-28 02:20
| Show all posts
I love parking, I've only started doing it but it's very easy if you always remember to have the thread in the starting leg of the stitch. Also, I tend to finger comb the strands whenever I pull a strand out to work. I have my threads in hair clips (the cheap bendy kind) and I just clip them out of the way when I work.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-27 02:02
| Show all posts

Thanks for recommending 'floss tube'! I checked it out, and there are some really great demonstrations on there.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-27 22:19
| Show all posts
I use a pako organizer and keep my needles threaded all the time.  It's great.   Try searching at Joann's.  I use two of them!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-25 03:43
| Show all posts
Peter50

Login/Register to enlarge
2015-5-9 06:24

I admit you have to get used to parking, but when you're used to it, it's great! Work from the top o ...

The tips on this site are just as great

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-23 22:03
| Show all posts
I think parking would be confusing. All those threads hanging my cats would think it was a new cat toy

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-11 08:37
| Show all posts
i keep trying to park and never works for me, I am going to keep trying tho

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-10 05:24
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-8 02:51
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-8 20:24
| Show all posts
I use parking on my HAED designs too - I found it difficult at first but now I wouldn't use anything else.  There are some great videos on You Tube on how to park.  That's how I learnt.  I love watching Floss Tube on YouTube which is basically lots of stitchers posting about their work, what they've bought, advice on stands  and different threads/techniques etc.  You really can learn a lot and it's fun to watch too :D

Comments

thanks I hadn't even thought of youtube. very helpful and confidence building. thanks  Details Reply Post time 2015-5-10 20:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-9 21:24
| Show all posts
I admit you have to get used to parking, but when you're used to it, it's great! Work from the top of your project (left or right top corner) down, so the threads will hang at the bottom. If there are a lot of threads you can use a hairpin to keep them together and not create a mess with knots.

Comments

a hairpin. very clever, I never would have thought of that. very helpful, thanks  Details Reply Post time 2015-5-10 20:50

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-5-10 20:49
| Show all posts

septembersong61

2015-5-8 20:24

I use parking on my HAED designs too - I found it difficult at first but now I wouldn't use anything ...

thanks I hadn't even thought of youtube. very helpful and confidence building. thanks

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-5-10 20:50
| Show all posts

Peter50

2015-5-9 21:24

I admit you have to get used to parking, but when you're used to it, it's great! Work from the top o ...

a hairpin. very clever, I never would have thought of that. very helpful, thanks

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 09:11 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.066435 sec., 25 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list