Register
Search
View: 2626|Reply: 36
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Gridding for HAED

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-5-8 19:16
| Show all posts |Read mode
I have only just started using  Gridding for stitching HAED. does anyone else grid?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-2-24 05:48
| Show all posts

I too have had a recent resurgence into stitching again and this site provides so much motivation.  I was wondering about using those wash out pens for gridding, but how do they work if you don't have the steadiest of hands?
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-8-12 17:10
| Show all posts
I am too lazy to grid the entire fabric and i also noticed that the grids fade away with time, so I just make small dash with a pencil of 10 squares while i work, not to lose track. And i also think that for some larger projects it is quite important, especially if, like in my current design, there are vast swaths of the same colour, so it is so easy to lose track of what is going on...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 07:02
| Show all posts
PinsAndNeedles

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-5-25 00:34

does this mean you rinse all your floss first? that seems like one more step to prevent me from ge ...

If you were using hand dyed threads then I'd a!always soak them in warm water to check they're colour fast but normal DMC are fine! I've never pre rinsed them and never had any problem with them!

Comments

Thank you !  Details Reply Post time 2017-5-25 10:43

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-3 19:40
| Show all posts
Ladybug17

2016-10-1 21:47

How do you wash the pencil marks out after finishing the piece?

They are under the threads, so i do not use anything special to wash them off, just wash the entire work. Never had a problem with them showing so far. Though, as I said, i do not make the entire line, just small dashes here and there...

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-1-29 20:55
| Show all posts
I grid with a special stift that washes out with water. I first tried on a towel and it did vanished completely. Sometime I work too long on a pice  that I have to grid it for a second time and guess that will also wash away with water. It called a Aqua trickmarker. Prym sells it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 00:34
| Show all posts
spacecadet2015

2015-5-10 04:00

I think you soak it in cold water first to get the lines out and then just wash it as you normally w ...

does this mean you rinse all your floss first? that seems like one more step to prevent me from getting started on a project :)

Comments

If you were using hand dyed threads then I'd a!always soak them in warm water to check they're colour fast but normal DMC are fine! I've never pre rinsed them and never had any problem with them!  Details Reply Post time 2017-5-25 07:02

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-3 16:09
| Show all posts
I have never gridded any of my work including HAED. I just count my design area using the stitch count. I've never had a problem. No matter how large or small a design is, the stitch count is all that's really needed plus I add two inches around the design.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-2 03:47
| Show all posts
Morganza

2016-8-12 17:10

I am too lazy to grid the entire fabric and i also noticed that the grids fade away with time, so I  ...

How do you wash the pencil marks out after finishing the piece?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-8 04:20
| Show all posts
Edited by Knabbelkatje at 2017-4-8 04:22

I grind with the HEADS with 2 pens one fades away in 2 or 3 days and the other one Goes away with a drop of water they are from prym. Some people use fishing lines but I never try that.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-25 10:43
| Show all posts
spacecadet2015

2017-5-25 07:02

If you were using hand dyed threads then I'd a!always soak them in warm water to check they're col ...

Thank you !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-8 19:59
| Show all posts
That's absolute a must! With such a big patterns as HAED it is really hard to keep track of your stitching and your progress. Also it helps with higher ct canvases.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-8 20:15
| Show all posts
I agree - gridding for large designs like HAEDs is a must - if I didn't I'd make so many mistakes.  I'm using DMC Magic Guide pre-gridded 18ct aida at the moment and you can also get 14ct aida and 25ct evenweave.  You can't buy it everywhere but it's available here in the UK - it's great stuff - takes all the hard work out of gridding and washes out when you've completed the design.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-9 23:16
| Show all posts
How do you wash it out?  Do you wash the entire piece?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-10 04:00
| Show all posts
I think you soak it in cold water first to get the lines out and then just wash it as you normally would.  I always have to wash my work - I'm quite slow to finish anything and it always looks a bit grubby!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-10 06:36
| Show all posts
Ah!  I have to admit, it's been a very long time since I completed a piece of cross stitch; I have just gotten back into it a little bit after many things happened in my life.  Everybody here is far more accomplished than I will ever be.

Thank you.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-10 20:39
| Show all posts

Lakeland

2015-5-10 06:36

Ah!  I have to admit, it's been a very long time since I completed a piece of cross stitch; I have j ...

I'm in the same boat Lakeland - I didn't cross stitch for about 10 years or so and I came back to it and it's a whole new world!  I feel like I know nothing!!  I've learned a lot though and enjoy it more!  

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-5-10 20:48
| Show all posts

Lakeland

2015-5-10 06:36

Ah!  I have to admit, it's been a very long time since I completed a piece of cross stitch; I have j ...

I think some of the tools have changed and the range of charts is fantastic. but just remember that its all just little x's. you can do it.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-5-14 20:35
| Show all posts
I am amazed how much of a difference gridding makes. so much easier

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-5-17 07:57
| Show all posts

septembersong61

2015-5-8 04:15

I agree - gridding for large designs like HAEDs is a must - if I didn't I'd make so many mistakes.   ...

I hadn't heard of this before, but it sounds like a useful tool.  And easier than gridding by hand.  Thanks for the tip!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-19 11:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.081002 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list