Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 2761|Reply: 41
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Frogging

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-7-5 08:51
| Show all posts |Read mode
What do you do when you have to frog?
and at what point do you give up on a piece if the mistake is too bad?

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2016-10-17 23:37
| Show all posts
I dont´t do it, if it is not absolutely necessary. I dont´t do mistakes, I change pattern. I call it "author´s intention".  :)

And frogs in my country croak otherwise.  
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-24 19:15
| Show all posts
I frog all the time, but then I'm a perfectionist. I also, when it's only a question of a stitch or two, just sew over them with the correct color if that's possible. But I like to change patterns, to fit my needs, or because I think it might be nicer differently. Needless to say, not all ideas work out, so back to frogging.

Comments

I always frog. I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist. I can't stand to know I messed up and left it. I did however leave a mistake in my daughters high school graduation gift I stitched for her, bu  Details Reply Post time 2017-7-25 11:15
This is what I try to do first. Because I just stitch for the activity and myself. (I'm a new stitcher) And I'm make a LOT of mistakes right now :D  Post time 2017-5-25 00:14
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-7-3 23:42
| Show all posts
Edited by alpacastitcher at 2020-7-3 23:45

1. Find the mistake. If it can be fixed/worked around without frogging then don't frog.
2. If it can't be fixed or you can't find the mistake, frog.
3. If the mistake takes ripping out a huge section, but you are close to the end of the project then its worth it to fix.
4. If you are near the start of a project, sometimes ripping all of it out is the best option.
5. If you are suddenly stricken with so much grief that you can't even look at your project anymore, put it away and decide what to do another day.

I hope the frog stays away!
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-25 11:15
| Show all posts
AMW 2015-7-24 05:15
I frog all the time, but then I'm a perfectionist. I also, when it's only a question of a stitch or  ...

I always frog.  I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist.  I can't stand to know I messed up and left it.  I did however leave a mistake in my daughters high school graduation gift I stitched for her, but that was an inside joke.  It just had to be done.  lol
Happy ripping everyone.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-2 12:03
| Show all posts
I try to avoid it, but if it's something noticeable sometimes it can't be avoided. When I can, I try to kind of 'undo' my stitches, really carefully pulling out what I did one cross at a time so I can reuse the floss. If it's too hard to get it out or it more than a few rows of work, then I go to straight up frogging.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-7-21 08:51
| Show all posts
I use a quick unpick to 'break' the front of the stitches to make it easier to pull. I haven't reached a point where the mistake is too bad yet - I was three colours complete on a HAED and didn't like the coverage, so unpicked it. I don't have the money to waste aida

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-24 18:53
| Show all posts
Flirti 2017-4-7 20:43
I have this little chartm a nice baby giraffe - in little tiny d....mn stitches - Holy Moly - as one ...

I like that " I don't make mistakes . I change the pattern" :)  sounds like me

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 20:43
| Show all posts
I have this little chartm a nice baby giraffe - in little tiny d....mn stitches - Holy Moly - as one said: I don´t make mistake, I change the pattern as well! But this little devil is making me crazy! BUT I will be the winner!!! :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2020-6-27 01:14
| Show all posts
I will frog depending on what the pattern is, how many stitches I need to rip out and how the already in place stitches around the mistake look before frogging.  I do change the pattern sometimes. ;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 09:28
| Show all posts
I never give up.  I will take it out as best I can even if it means taking it back to the first stitch or fixing it somehow without losing the content of the design.
I started a stitch and realized after I had been working on it quite a while, that the fabric was too small.  So I will modify the design to fit the fabric.   I don't want to lose the days, weeks, months that I had spent working on it.

It's too much of a waste not to use the fabric and thread and just toss the design, especially the fine linen I usually use.  It can get quite costly to start replacing hand dyed fabrics.   

Comments

...fixing it somehow withoout losing the content of the design...I make it too. I have no "mistakes" in my works, I have only " authorial intention".  Post time 2016-10-17 23:28
I did that once i gave up on the border of the design, it still bothers me though but could not give up after all that stitching lol  Post time 2015-7-8 22:21

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 09:35
| Show all posts
I'm kinda of the same mind as CraftyLouAnna , I don't stop , I will frog until the cows come home so to speak lolI have learned Patience through frogging :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 09:44
| Show all posts
I frog when I catch it, that is, if I can't think of a way to make my mistake blend.  There have definitely been times I've had to put the project down for a while when noticing all the frogging I'll have to do, but I always go back to it at some point.  Usually I started it for a reason, and that doesn't change, I'll still like the pattern so I'll still want to finish it...but maybe not at that exact moment :lol

Comments

It depends....sometimes I can work it into the project and leave it go. I rarely frog, as I like to double-check everything. And I really dislike frogging!!!!!!!  Post time 2015-7-14 22:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 10:42
| Show all posts
I may switch to another project when I have to frog but I'll eventually go back.  It's like a challenge that I can't let go unanswered.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-5 12:46
| Show all posts
I try not to give up, but if its way too bad I will just start again, frog the rest when I have time and use the fabric on a different piece.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-7 21:38
| Show all posts
I never give up; wait a while to calm down........... and then start to frog....................

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-8 22:23
| Show all posts
I do frog but if it ruins the fabric i decide not to and try to change the pattern it all depends on how much frogging i have to do.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-19 11:47
| Show all posts
I am not sure what frogging means exactly.  
Over the many years of stitching I have knowingly only left in one stitch that was not done according to the pattern. I know I am not perfect, but my stitching is as perfect as i can get it.  When growing up I didn't even like regular coloring books.  I like the color by numbers because I was following a pattern.

Comments

frogging is to remove stitches - unpick (rip it out - sounding like a frog)  Details Reply Post time 2015-9-19 19:51

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-7-20 00:21
| Show all posts
Well, as far as I can understand, you mean undoing your work when it's been done wrong and redoing it all over again. The most I had to redo was, maybe, 20-30 crosses, and that - 5 years ago, probably. On my Crystal Symphony I made borders 2.5 cm instead of 5, but because I'm very paranoid, while calculating I always reduce to the bigger side, e.g. I'm calculating the size of the fabric and I come up with 32.3 - I will use 33, just to be sure. So because of that the ending borders turned out to be 3 (and not 2.5), and it was successfully framed. Also I misplaced the bead star on the Stargazer, it's higher than it's supposed to be, but nobody cares (me included), so I just left it as is.
So no, I don't frog, because I don't have big mistakes that disrupt the work. I have mistakes that give my works character XD

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 19:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.243156 sec., 23 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list