Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
Author: Slige
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Frogging

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-7-24 19:15
| Show all posts
I frog all the time, but then I'm a perfectionist. I also, when it's only a question of a stitch or two, just sew over them with the correct color if that's possible. But I like to change patterns, to fit my needs, or because I think it might be nicer differently. Needless to say, not all ideas work out, so back to frogging.

Comments

I always frog. I guess I am a bit of a perfectionist. I can't stand to know I messed up and left it. I did however leave a mistake in my daughters high school graduation gift I stitched for her, bu  Details Reply Post time 2017-7-25 11:15
This is what I try to do first. Because I just stitch for the activity and myself. (I'm a new stitcher) And I'm make a LOT of mistakes right now :D  Post time 2017-5-25 00:14

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-5 17:29
| Show all posts
I don't think I have ever stitched a project without a mistake. Didn't know the term, but yes every piece I do I end up frogging, plus I am very good at making the same mistake over and over again when correcting something. It's part of the fun if cross stitch.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-8-5 22:08
| Show all posts
I have become far more easy going now than when I first started stitching.  If I can get away with it, I don't frog.  If the mistake is not going to affect how the finished result will look it stays in - especially on bigger pieces.  Who is going to notice one wrong stitch out of several hundred thousand!  On smaller work where it seems to noticeable to me (even though others might not know) I do tend to frog.  

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-7 04:18
| Show all posts
If I'm still stitching with the same thread, I'll try to frog the whole thing.  If I've already moved on and realize it later, I'll try to remove it near the area.  But if it's a small error and doesn't cause a problem, I might leave it as is.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-19 19:51
| Show all posts
kathyhase 2015-7-19 11:47
I am not sure what frogging means exactly.  
Over the many years of stitching I have knowingly only  ...

frogging is to remove stitches - unpick (rip it out - sounding like a frog)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-6 05:19
| Show all posts
I frog (rip it, rip it for those who don't know what frogging means) back to where the mistake started.  Putting in so much time on a piece I'd rather frog and have it right.  Of course, I am a lot older now.  I had no patience as a young woman and would just bulldoze ahead.....  :-)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-15 02:11
| Show all posts
When I have to frog I very gently use a seam ripper.  I frog only as far as I must and start the new stitching a couple of x's back from the rip.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-15 02:11
| Show all posts
PS - I would only give up on a piece if the whole thing was wrong.  Some times you can just go with the mistake.......leave it there and don't frog.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-12-15 02:13
| Show all posts
cutiepie 2015-9-19 19:51
frogging is to remove stitches - unpick (rip it out - sounding like a frog)

frogging - "rip it, rip it"..... removing stitches........  :-)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-17 23:37
| Show all posts
I dont´t do it, if it is not absolutely necessary. I dont´t do mistakes, I change pattern. I call it "author´s intention".  :)

And frogs in my country croak otherwise.  
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 15:45 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.046369 sec., 12 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list