| Show all posts
OJALÁ A MI TAMBIEN ME FUNCIONE, PORQUE LO HE INTENTADO SIN ÉXITO. GRACIAS

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-8 16:26
| Show all posts
SallySue 2016-3-8 04:55
Thanks!  A couple of people have mentioned this.  I use to think I was fairly computer literate un ...

I just downloaded the files, just to check that they are ok - and they are.

If you already have the two files in your computer, delete them both. This is so that you can "start afresh".

Create a new folder in your computer.

Download both files again.
Make sure that the first file is 9MB after download, and that the second file is 4.14 MB. If the downloaded files is less than 9/4.14, it did not download correctly, and you will have to delete it  and download it again.

Once you have both files, with the correct sizes, in your computer, move both of them into the folder you created.

You should now have a folder that contains two files, named exactly:
Pattern_Maker_MultiV 4.08.part1.rar
and
Pattern_Maker_MultiV 4.08.part2.rar

part1 should be no less than 9MB, part2 should be no less than 4.14MB

Put your cursor on the first file, and do what ever you need to do to extract. Both files should then extract, and you should get a new file called
Pattern_Maker_MultiV 4.08.exe

Click (you may have to double-click) on the exe-file, and Pattern Maker should install on your computer.

If you still are getting error messages when attempting to extract, you may have to download a different extration program, such as WINRAR.

Comments

Thanks again for this great explanation of how to download this program. I just got a new laptop and so needed to reinstall and it worked perfectly!  Post time 2017-1-15 07:01

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +6 Collapse Reason
catsdam + 6 Muchas gracias

View Rating Log

Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-9 11:27
| Show all posts
Thank you for this great answer.  I do appreciate the detailed instructions.  This will be the first thing I do when I get home from work tomorrow!
Maybe my problem has been caused by my extraction program.  I'll try WINRAR and see if that fixes things.

Again, thanks very much!

Comments

You're welcome. I hope it works out for you.  Post time 2016-3-9 17:03

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-10 04:03
| Show all posts
You give great directions!  Pattern Maker is up and running.  The problem I was having getting it downloaded was because I was setting up the new folder in my downloads area.  Once I set up the new folder on my desktop the program downloaded perfectly.  I kept creating a new folder and the program wouldn't download.  I took it in to the office and our computer person did the same thing that I was doing with creating the new folder in the downloads file.  We finally decided to try creating the new folder on the desktop and it worked like a charm.  It was a simple step but apparently a crucial one.
Thanks again for all of your help.

Comments

That's great! Glad it worked, and thanks for the details on what finally made it work - that may well help someone else some day!  Post time 2016-3-10 04:49

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-10 08:24
| Show all posts
Yes, that is what I thought too.  Opening the new file in the downloads file was just a natural thing to do both myself and my computer person at the office did the same thing.  We were both confused and frustrated!  It was just a lucky accident that she tried the new folder on the desk top.  You really did help though! Thanks.

Comments

it may very well help someone in future to know that. I'm happy you got it up and running. Now the fun can begin! ;)  Post time 2016-3-10 10:47
That's weird though as I always download to my downloads and it always works from there. What version of windows are you running? If it's a newer version then it may be a glitch with that version and  Post time 2016-3-10 10:46

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-10 14:10
| Show all posts
Hi,
I'm running windows 10.  It didn't make any sense to me either that I had to create the new folder on my desktop in order to make it work either!  However, once I moved out of the download file and set it up on my desktop it ran perfectly.  Who knows??  Computers can do strange things sometimes.  I'm just glad that I got it to work.  It's possible that what I learned here will help someone else.
I've been having great fun figuring out how to use it this evening!  I have to say that I'd have managed to do an awful lot of cross stitching in the time that I've spent trying to download the program and now trying to learn how to use it!
I can see why people enjoy doing the repaints though.  It is a rather soothing activity.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-16 06:52
| Show all posts
Here is a question for all who have downloaded this version. Have any of you had trouble adding new beads to the palette? Just tried adding new beads for the first time and keep getting an error message. I can add new blends and floss, just not beads.:Q

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-17 11:19
| Show all posts
For those of you who have downloaded this version and it won't let you enter new beads manually after re-downloading several times, you will need to get the 4.06 version. I don't understand the problem with this version and my computer. I'm running windows7 so I wouldn't see where there would be a problem, but no matter how many times I downloaded and tried again, it still would not let me manually add new beads. This may not seem like much of a problem, but if a brand new bead on the market shows up in a pattern you want to repaint, you won't be able to add it. This message is not for everyone, just those who can't get the beads to add. Many people have downloaded this version and have no problems at all. This is just for those lucky few who have a computer that evidently is not compatible with the 4.08 version. I had downloaded the 4.07 version and the same problem exists. I've found the 4.06 works fine with no problems adding beads, it just may not have an updated floss and beads brands. Hope this helps anyone who has run into this problem with the 4.08 version.

Comments

Your very welcome! :)  Post time 2016-3-18 02:08
evenflo09, Thanks! I'm running Windows 10 but had the exact problem you did, and your solution fixed my problem as well!  Post time 2016-3-18 01:40

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-18 03:54
| Show all posts
many many thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-14 03:02
| Show all posts
thanks for sharing this program, just waiting for it to download to install...

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 17:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.101057 sec., 14 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list