Search
View: 3540|Reply: 44
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] How do you stitch these ?

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-9-10 09:42
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by stitcherex at 2015-9-10 09:43

I downloaded a few of these as they are so pretty, and look easy to stitch.  As i was studying one chart to decide on the stitch path, I realize that I do not know where to start, how to go about it.  I would like to use over-dyed threads to stitch them.  Appreciate your thoughts and advice.  The sample chart that I attach here is a freebie from liselotte.
Thanks for help :)

hearts.jpg

hearts.jpg

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-5-11 10:11
| Show all posts

i use to do the same.. but i find that my XXXX are not that even i dont know why.. then one told me that if you are left handed start from the bottom left if you are right-handed start from the top left.. hehe i am not sure if its just a myth but it worked for me :)
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-17 09:58
| Show all posts
I always start from the top left and do all of each color.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-10 18:19
| Show all posts
Finajenny

Login/Register to enlarge
2017-4-1 11:24

in my case i find it easier to stitch from the bottom left.. I use parking method and I find this ea ...

i also start from left but top , my grandma always used to tell me that not always our hands are clean and we can make dirty stitched area that way , so top left corner and going from left to right ..
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-2-24 05:23
| Show all posts
mfsanders

2015-12-20 09:31

Some stitchers find the center of their fabric and begin the center of the pattern there.  I have be ...

Never heard of gridding the fabric, but it makes so much sense especially on a large, complicated pattern.  That will be the next new tool I utilize - thanks.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-6-28 11:16
| Show all posts
Being left handed I have pretty much taught myself how to stitch. I find that after I have decided the size of my fabric and note how much extra I have on all  sides, I measure down from the top, 2 inches all around, fold fabric in half, top to bottom, measure down 2 inches and start there. It works for me!

Comments

Thanks Nanels, starting in the centre makes sense. After studying the chart a bit more, the designs are in sections, I can actually start from the middle, and continue to work outwards.  Post time 2016-10-12 10:39

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 08:12
| Show all posts
daisy.habibi

2017-5-10 18:17

be careful sometimes these special pensils cant be removed , i used once like those and it didnt w ...

I use them now for several years, and never ever had any problems with it! But I onlly use the special ones, blue in color - no other color!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-10 18:17
| Show all posts
Flirti

2017-4-7 00:42

thanks for the Info, I am also going to stitch with overdyed floss and asked myseld the same questio ...

be careful sometimes these special pensils cant be removed , i used once like those and it didnt wash away after washing . good luck

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 01:29
| Show all posts
It is hard to start I know. That's why I always start from left bottom or from center on linen when I am not able to grid the fabric. If it is hard to follow the pattern, I suggest to separate them into several columns and use parking technique.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-12 18:03
| Show all posts
Flirti

2017-5-11 00:12

I use them now for several years, and never ever had any problems with it! But I onlly use the spe ...

yes it was a blue colour , it was few years ago i cant recall the name .. probably now they are better , thank you !

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-10 10:07
| Show all posts
I would think starting in the middle would be the best option.   It does depend on the stitcher though and what they prefer.   

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-10 10:48
| Show all posts
Edited by Teddybear1 at 2015-9-10 10:57

On a chart like this you will need to start in the middle of the design and work your way towards the side . By starting in the middle you will need to fold it in half and then in half again and mark the cornor with some thread or needle as shown in the picture .

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

E1.jpg

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +4 Collapse Reason
stitcherex + 4 Thank you very much!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-10 11:03
| Show all posts
If you are going to stitch with solid color threads, you can start from the center part. But if you are going to use multi-color threads, I think it's better to start from the corner. (Any corner will do, according to your preference.) :)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-10 14:36
| Show all posts
I would agree, solid colours from the centre and variegated from a corner. With variegated I would work each element finished before going on to the next to get a nice shading.

Rate

stitcherex + 4 Thanks :)

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-10 21:10
| Show all posts
I usually start in the middle

Rate

stitcherex + 4 thanks :)

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-10 21:50
| Show all posts
I start in the middle too

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-17 19:27
| Show all posts
I tried starting from the middle, but didn't work for me. I start from upper left corner and proceed down. Or ( if there isn't many colours) I stitch with one colour, then next, from darkest to the fairest.

Start where you find easiest to continue (maybe starting point for first thread).

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-9-19 19:54
| Show all posts
I would start from Top left corner, stitch the corner motif first and then contiue with the single line border on the outside and add the motifs as I came to each one.

Rate

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-10-29 11:13
| Show all posts
Thanks for all the great info everyone!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 06:23 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.096791 sec., 22 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list