Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 7009|Reply: 85
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Floss Bobbin Labels

[Copy link]
Post time: 2015-11-19 08:53
| Show all posts |Read mode
I make my own bobbin labels when I'm doing large charts like HAED.
I print the symbols as well as the thread numbers at an enlarged size, then cut them up
and sticky tape them to the bobbins. This saves a lot of cross checking from chart symbols
to threads when stitching. Its fiddly and a bit tedious to set up but makes the stitching
process a little more relaxing.
And they are easier to read than those tiny DMC sticker labels or hand written on the bobbin.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Rate

Number of participants 6Gold Coins +22 Collapse Reason
minahadji + 2 Really helpful! Thank you!
PinsAndNeedles + 2 I gave you all my rating points I had left for today. That's how much I love this :)
legendofbedwyr + 1 Great Idea
jazzo + 6 Thank you very much!
Strawberry Cat + 5 Excellent!
ldwire + 6 Usefull

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Post time: 2023-3-15 03:48
| Show all posts
Your system looks nice! I usually use plastic bobbins with my kits and then I place a piece of clear tape on the bobbin and use a CD/DVD marker to draw a symbol on it (that is a permanent marker with a very fine tip). When done with the project, I remove the leftover thread and the tape; the thread goes onto carton bobbin and into storage container - that is if it's a DMC and I know its color number. If not, it stays in a separate zip lock together with the original paper pattern it came with.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-22 01:08
| Show all posts
Fabulous idea. I'm getting ready to start a large project, and this idea will help, especially since I just bought 1000 plastic bobbins and 5000 return address labels which I think I can use to make the labels and they are adhesive. I also have an empty bobbin box. Putting everything in there would be eisier than using a thread card, I think, but certainly tidier!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-5 14:49
| Show all posts
Edytowano przez JBM dnia 2016-10-5 14:55

Personally I stuck directly on bobinki, but if someone has difficulty reading the small digits that this idea is good criminality. Pleasant scrapbooks!

(PL: Osobiscie naklejam bezposrednio na bobinki, ale jesli ktos ma trudnosci z odczytaniem za małych cyferek to ten pomysł jest barzdo dobry. Przyjemnego wyklejania!)

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2015-11-19 10:22
| Show all posts
fei3x 2015-11-19 10:05
What software did you use?

I open the pdf with photoshop and cut/ paste and enlarge. If you dont have a program that can do pdf to jpg to alter it you can take a 'print screen' of your pdf and paste it to any paint type program for alteration. And if your files are already jpg its even easier

Comments

Thank you  Post time 2015-11-19 10:33

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-10-14 07:13
| Show all posts
I just pulled the threads out and have them wound on bobbins with the floss number on.  I can cross check with the chart.   If you put symbols on you have to scrap the bobbins for the next project, which I think is a waste.

Comments

I don’t scrap the bobbin, just cut off the label and redo for next project.  Post time 2018-10-14 19:08

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-22 23:22
| Show all posts
I do this as well. I print an extra copy of the floss sheet and enlarge with my copy machine. It makes it so much easier to just search my box for the symbol!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-7-30 06:56
| Show all posts
this is  a brilliant idea, i like how the numbers stick up above everything so they can be seen easily, I will have to give this a try

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-8-11 17:58
| Show all posts
This is such a great idea. As you say, a little time consuming to begin with, but so worth it for designs using lots of thread colours.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 20:20
| Show all posts
update: I use a Sharpie to write on the Bobbin itself, but make sure the ink is really dry before you touch it =)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-9-7 15:02
| Show all posts
Goed idee maar toch veel werk, schrijf met permanent pen op de bobins de kleur en hou de lijst op papier erbij

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-19 09:13
| Show all posts
What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing it!

Comments

If you mean my organizer, thank you.  Post time 2017-8-17 20:59

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-19 10:05
| Show all posts
What software did you use?

Comments

I open the pdf with photoshop and cut/ paste and enlarge. If you dont have a program that can do pdf to jpg to alter it you can take a 'print screen' of your pdf and paste it to any paint type program  Details Reply Post time 2015-11-19 10:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-19 15:05
| Show all posts
Great idea :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-19 21:42
| Show all posts
I like it.....

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-19 23:39
| Show all posts
Good idea! By the moment y put the floss with the number ticket inside.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-20 00:03
| Show all posts
great idea !! i love it

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-24 04:07
| Show all posts
Great idea! I'm going to copy that!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2015-11-25 05:10
| Show all posts
Very good idea

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 20:13 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.097800 sec., 19 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list