| | Promotion| FAQ|
| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
View: 45157|Reply: 337
Collapse the left

How to upload patterns at the crochet forum (Updated)

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-3-16 05:57
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by leopard danio at 2021-11-29 20:50

Before explaining how to upload files at the crochet forum, you need to know where to upload them. The system has changed and now everyone must upload files (Post new Patterns & Magazine) and only pictures (Post new Diary) at two big forums. To learn how to do it, read this other short tutorial I made, please:

Now that you already know where to upload the files, here it is how to do it:

How to upload patterns on the crochet forum (Updated)

1-      I’ll show you how to upload a pattern on the crochet forum. Before doing it, there are some rules about writing the title correctly that you may learn:

• For single crochet patterns:

Company name + Designer name + Pattern number + Pattern name in English + Pattern name in Original Language* + (Language when it's not English) + (Translated ) + (Free)

*Non-Roman letter Languages  ( Russian, Chinese, Korean , Arabic etc...) should be in English

Examples:
Orange Amigurumi - Namsom Pan - Kittens - Gatitos - Spanish - Translated - Free
Red Heart - Nancy Anderson - LW2753 - Elephant Baby - Free

Kinlu Handmade - Puppy Matapaco - Perrito Matapaco - Spanish  

• For  Crochet Magazines, Pamphlets or Booklets:

Magazine titles:

Original name + Issue number + Date (month + year) + (Language if it's not English ) + (Free)

Examples:

Inside Crochet - Issue 127 - 2020
Diana - Issue 9 - 2003 - Russian - Free
Happily Hooked-Issue 25-April-2016

Book titles:

Publish company + Book original name + English name + Designer name + (Language if it's not English) + (Free)
Example:

Circulo - Ebook Amigurumi Especial Jardim - Ebook Amigurumi Special Garden - Viviane Rentroia - Portuguese - Free

2-      The crochet forum has been split into two forums:
·               CrochetPatterns
·              CrochetMagazines / Books

3-      I’ll show you how to upload a crochet pattern. The first thing you need to do is to search for the pattern you will upload to see if it is already on the forum. I would  like to upload “Amigurumi Cadillac Sofa by AmiEggs”. I’ll search for the following keywords: amigurumi cadillac sofa, Cadillac sofa and Emieggs

4-      However, if I search for “Cadillac sofa”, see what will happen:

5-      The pattern I would like to post has already been posted by someone. So, I need to choose a pattern that nobody has posted yet!

If you find a duplicate thread, please report it using the report button on the pattern page.  Please, include a link to where the original pattern was shared. Your reports are greatly appreciated!

6- I have a pattern called “Ela Amigurumi girl pattern by Studio Karma Pattern”. I’ll search  for it to see whether it is already on the forum or not.
When I type the keyword “Ela” there is 1000 threads related to it.

They are too many for me to see so I will use the advanced search to search in specific forums ( CrochetPatterns, Crochet Magazines / Books)

By using the Advanced search feature, there will be less results related to the keyword I chose. After changing the keyword to “amigurumi girl pattern”, “girl pattern”, “Ela amigurumi girl pattern” and “Studio Karma Pattern” I saw that nobody has posted this pattern on the forum yet so I will do it now.

7-      To post this pattern I need to go to the Post new Patterns & Magazine. Click on “new” then “thread”.

According to the crochet rules for Titles format (Company - designer's name – Pattern name), as this pattern doesn’t have any numbers, the right way of writing the title would be:  “Studio Karma Patterns – Cihan Sahin – Ela amigurumi girl pattern”. The designer’s name isn’t on this pattern so I searched for it on the Internet. Please, do not write the words together (like this: Karmapatterns – CihanSahin) or in capital letters ( like this: KARMAPATTERNS – CIHAN SAHIN) because it may cause problems in the search.

note: I had to update this tutorial and chose another thread to explain about the new button called "crochet info"

Note1: About the kind of pattern I’m uploading, there is only one option for me to choose. It is on “Toys and Hobbies= softies”. A lot of people have also been choosing “Pet= toy”.

If I want to post a piece of clothing for a dog, I would fill out the category “Pet = clothing”

If I would like to post a Crochet bone (this is a toy for the dog), I would fill out the category “Pet = toy” because that’s the toy for an animal!
It is a good idea to be familiar with the options in English. For instance, a “puppet” is not the same as “softies”.

Puppet =  A movable model of a person or animal that is typically moved either by strings controlled from above or by a hand inside it.

Do not choose "other" for all categories. Choose only the one(s)which fit. Sometimes, it is possible to fill out one or two categories according to the pattern.

Note2: This is about Yarn Weight:

Then, choose the file on your computer and wait a while until the upload finishes.

This pattern is not free but I just want 5 coins for it.
If you want to change the “Read permission”, do it before clicking on“Ok”. Changing the read permission will not allow a certain group of users  to download the pattern.

Read permission is divided into the following categories:

note: I had to update this tutorial and chose another thread to explain about the read permission

Please, choose from DIY1 up to DIY10. Be aware that if you change the read permission, less people will be able to download the attachment. DIY means the level the user will be able to dowanload a file. If you set the read permission to DIY10, for instance, only users who are at level 10 will be able to download your attachment. So, think about how many people you want to download your attachment before changing the read permission. If you don't change the read permission, anyone who has enough coins to buy the file will be able to download it.

Nowadays, Read Permissions are this way:

Level 1 and 2 - 80
Level 3 up to 10 - 90

You will see these numbers when you hove your mouse over the name of the file

note: I had to update this tutorial and chose another thread to explain about the read permission

If you can't see any of those numbers (80 or 90), it means anyone can download the file if they have enough coins to buy it.

The system will fix it automatically. For instance, if you are DIY1 (level1), the maximum price you can ask for a file is 150 coins. If you put 300 coins, the system will fix it to 150 coins.

Lv.0 max 150 coins
Lv.1 max 150 coins
Lv.2 max 150 coins
Lv.3 max  200 coins
Lv.4 max  250 coins
Lv.5 max  300 coins
Lv.6 max  333 coins
Lv.7 max  333 coins
Lv.8 max  333 coins
Lv.9 max  333 coins
Lv.10 max 333 coins

After you post a pattern, it will be checked out by the moderator. It will be approved soon!

Nobody will be able to see the files before being moderated. The files (posted at Post new Patterns & Magazine) or pictures of your work (posted at Post new Diary) will be sent to the correct crochet forums and users will be able to see them and download them there. Here they are:

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Comments

new system upload here: http://www.pindiy.com/thread-397346-1-1.html  Post time 2018-11-22 03:02

Rate

Number of participants 4Gold Coins +202 Collapse Reason
qle + 2 Usefull
Guaranita + 1 Thank you very much!
admin + 99 Thank you very much!
Turquoise + 100 Excellent!

View Rating Log

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Related collections:

Author| Post time: 2018-11-18 21:44
| Show all posts
Carolmcm 2018-11-18 20:54
Hi,

Thanks for the info, when can I upload a pattern?

You can upload pattern at all levels.

Take a look at the new upload system here, please

Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-3 23:27
| Show all posts
Hi. Sorry, just saw your message. Still I do not understand this page, I'm discovering things every day. I think I understand several things, price patterns, name in English, and put language pattern, and the rest, really did not understand. My language is Spanish and use a translator. I accept the rules, but keep in mind that many do not understand. Your if you see that something is wrong, and what you check your ... please delete it, and have a little patience with me;-). Thank you very much for trying to understand something else. A question, you can send by private message I want to publish and you tell me if it's ok ??. not as it can be more comfortable and easy? Thanks for your time. Greetings Susanne

Comments

Ok, just pay attention to your mistakes that you'll learn fast. There are a lot of foreign members who have learned how to post correctly. I'm patient! Thanks for sharing  Details Reply Post time 2016-4-4 07:32
Reply Support 2 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2019-10-4 18:58
| Show all posts
That's a wonderful explanation, we all need, very clear, thank you very much. :D
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-11-20 06:23
| Show all posts
Why are we only receiving 70% of coins when people upload our patterns instead of 90%?

Comments

Good question. When did the rules change?  Post time 2017-11-30 03:34
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2018-10-30 18:11
| Show all posts
See if this is the problem.

Read this explanation:

Allowing Sites to Run Flash
Now for the fun part! In order to run Flash, you have to enable it for specific sites only. There is no longer an option to enable it for everything all the time. One way to specify a site for Flash is to click on the Manage exceptions button under Content Settings – Flash as shown in the screenshot above.
As you can see, I have added the NetAcad site I was talking about earlier with Behaviorset to Allow. This method is a bit cumbersome since you must go to the Settings page, etc. The easier way to allow a site to run Flash is to go to the site and then click on the little icon to the left of the URL in the address bar.
The icon will either be a lock icon if the connection is using HTTPS or it’ll be an information icon if the connection is non-secure. When you click on this icon, you’ll see a bunch of settings you can configure for that particular site. Towards the bottom will be Flash. By default, it should be set to Use global default (Ask), which means the browser should ask you if you want to enable Flash for a site that has Flash content.
However, in my experience, the browser never actually asks me to enable Flash content even when there is clearly Flash content on the website. So, I have to basically select the Always allow on this site option in order for Flash to work. Note that you may have to close the tab and reload it in order for the Flash content to appear correctly.
That’s about it.

Comments

you're welcome  Post time 2018-11-1 02:53
Yes!! It works!! Thank you!!  Post time 2018-10-30 18:31
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2021-11-23 19:04
| Show all posts
smw925 2021-11-23 11:18
I posted them in the wrong area yesterday, as I am trying to learn the site.  I tried to post acco ...

See if you clicked on the correct forum. I'll edit two tutorials I made to update the information.
THIS tutorial explains how but I'll fix the names of the forums because they have changed:

"All Diary Jobs" now is  Post new Diary (To post a picture of your craftwork)
"All Book Resources Patterns Magazines" now is Post new Patterns & Magazine (To upload single patterns or books or magazines)

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-11-13 11:01
| Show all posts
Edited by xeroxhippo33 at 2022-11-12 21:13

any idea why i get the warning "sorry, your content(signature,posts,messages etc.) containes banned words." error when trying to upload a pattern? im not using any bad words. just the title for the other type of patterns i use followed with sloth? i also dont have a signature? the only thing different in this one pattern that i was trying to post was the word "sloth" thank you! ETA .. i just uploaded 3 other patterns successfully and they all uploaded fine. the only other difference was the wrod "sloth" weird...

Comments

anyone? i still cant upload this one file...  Details Reply Post time 2023-1-2 12:45
Unfortunately not. I talked to the administrator and she said "sloth" in not on the list of banned word. :/  Details Reply Post time 2022-12-22 03:36

Rate

Number of participants 1Gold Coins +50 Collapse Reason
leopard danio + 50 welcome to the forum!

View Rating Log

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2017-12-13 17:53
| Show all posts
Edited by leopard danio at 2017-12-13 17:57
pinklady-s 2017-12-13 15:10
Hello,
There is a file uploaden white a watermark whit My name on iT.
Can that file be deleted?

I try to remove all the watermarks we find on files. Sometimes it's possible but sometimes it isn't. I'll contact you to see if we missed this one or if it's not possible to remove that.

No, no files can be deleted if they have been approved.
I just sent you a PM but I saw you are level zero. I don't think you can reply to me. You'll have to post the link of the file here then. :(

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-17 04:10
| Show all posts
Thank you very much.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-20 02:24
| Show all posts
Muchas gracias!! me ha servido mucho

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-3-22 19:17
| Show all posts
¡Muchas gracias!

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-4-4 07:32
| Show all posts
susannetl 2016-4-3 23:27
Hi. Sorry, just saw your message. Still I do not understand this page, I'm discovering things every  ...

Ok, just pay attention to your mistakes that you'll learn fast. There are a lot of foreign members who have learned how to post correctly. I'm patient!

Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-4 13:43
| Show all posts
leopard danio 2016-4-4 00:32
Ok, just pay attention to your mistakes that you'll learn fast. There are a lot of foreign members ...

:-), totally agree.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-12 03:33
| Show all posts
Thank you so much.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-17 20:03
| Show all posts
hi I have only one message every 24 hr .
it comes to the instructions of my krissie dolls .
yes I have myself translated exactly like that of the teletubbies and the bear of the

Comments

:)  Post time 2021-5-18 20:02
yes i´m german. I have translated by a Dutch guide  Details Reply Post time 2016-4-17 21:22
are you a native speaker of the language you have been translating?  Post time 2016-4-17 20:12

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-4-17 21:22
| Show all posts
baby2016 2016-4-17 20:03
hi I have only one message every 24 hr .
it comes to the instructions of my krissie dolls .
yes I ha ...

yes  i´m german.
I have translated by a Dutch guide

Comments

:)  Post time 2021-5-18 20:03

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-19 12:41 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.064205 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list