Search
Hot search: Russian Crochet
View: 2841|Reply: 28
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Isolated stitches

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-10-21 11:02
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, Does anyone have any suggestions on the best or easiest way to deal with isolated stitches?  Thanks!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2018-8-14 14:01
| Show all posts
Loop start, pin stitch finish
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-21 22:00
| Show all posts
Edited by karriboo at 2016-10-22 00:42

For a single stitch? Do the stitch as normal. After crossing the stitch over, come from the back to the front, lower left hand side of the x.  Then go left to right under the x, at the front and go back down to the back in the upper right hand corner. You can repeat the process by coming down once again at the back up in the lower right hand corner and then right to left once more and down this time in the upper left hand corner. Pull the stitches tight to keep them even with the rest of your stitches. After this you can then rap the end of the thread around the poll at the back and leave a slight "tail" when cutting off. That will prevent the floss from coming to the front and keep it at the back. I'm not sure if this is the only way to do this stitch but it works for me and does look good for a single stitch.
Reply Support 1 Not support 0

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-12-3 10:56
| Show all posts
With 2 strands, I use a loop stitch and a pin-stitch to finish.  While it's harder to do a loop stitch with a single strand, it is definitely possible and --despite looking like it should slip right out--they are actually very secure. I will have to try kariboo's solution above for truly isolated stitches, though. It sounds as if it is self-contained within the single-stitch so it won't mess anything up if you aren't going to stitch right next to it.

Comments

I didn't know that you could do a loop stitch with a single strand. I'm going to have to try this. Thanks.  Post time 2021-12-3 12:59
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2016-10-22 22:59
| Show all posts

Thanks for the information.  I'm going to sit down with a scrap of fabric and a cup of tea and give it a go!  I'll let you know how I do.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-30 14:54
| Show all posts
karriboo

Login/Register to enlarge
2016-10-21 22:00

For a single stitch? Do the stitch as normal. After crossing the stitch over, come from the back to  ...

thats a great idea, especially for the confetti type patterns that are popular at the moment. im going to give this a go when i sit down and stitch tonight!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-4-19 09:08
| Show all posts
karriboo

Login/Register to enlarge
2016-10-21 22:00

For a single stitch? Do the stitch as normal. After crossing the stitch over, come from the back to  ...

That's a really good idea. Will try it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-12-17 03:55
| Show all posts
I had to watch a tutorial on this one thread loop start / ending to understand it ... Incredible. Next time I'll try to do this method.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-23 17:54
| Show all posts
try looking for some pinhead stitch tutorial, it works for starting and ending thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-10-20 11:40
| Show all posts
Does anyone know how to do a pin stitch on 28 count fabric? I'm struggling with it.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-21 15:02
| Show all posts
Unfortunatly I don't know

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-10-27 07:18
| Show all posts
I will have to try this next time!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-7 20:40
| Show all posts
Well, I will give this a try next time =) thanks

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-17 00:16
| Show all posts
Sorry, what do you mean?

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-1-26 14:35
| Show all posts
The Pinhead method is very easy

Use magic Report

Post time: 2018-3-22 17:47
| Show all posts
Thank you for the useful question :)

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-4-20 07:28 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.049029 sec., 17 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list