| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 1622|Reply: 14
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Cross stitch lap stands/floor stands? Which???

[Copy link]
Post time: 2016-11-24 07:16
| Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

I always stitch using a hoop.  The 5 inch size has always been my favorite.  Lately I've been stitching more though and holding onto the hoop can get tiring.  I also usually stitch when I'm watching bad television shows in the evening from my couch!  Ok, having said all that does anyone have any suggestions about frames?  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks much!

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-10-5 16:50
| Show all posts
I use a Lowery floor stand which is very durable and is easily adjustable for height when seated etc.  The bracket holding the embroidery is perhaps not suitable for very small projects because the clamp may obscure part of the work, but I have used larger hoops, snap frames and stretcher frames very successfully.  For small hoops a table clamp is probably the best and allows hands free stitching.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 01:26
| Show all posts
I also prefer the hoop from DMC, the middle size because it does not hurt my shouder. I also have the frame from Korean brand, Yeidam. It is so heavy so I bought a masterstand to put it on. However, I have to hang my right arm to control the needle which cause shoulder pain often.
Therefore, I only use the frame and stand when the pattern have MH beads.
Hope it will help you: )

Comments

yes thank you  Details Reply Post time 2017-10-4 16:05

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-10 17:58
| Show all posts
Knabbelkatje 2017-4-19 20:27
I use a stitchmaster floorstand you can put a ring on but also a qsnap. Its very helpfull for me
I  ...

lap stand is also very easy and comfortable , as it stands on the sofa and all you have to do is to sit comfortable supporting your back and enjoy stitching with both hands

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-20 04:27
| Show all posts
I use a stitchmaster floorstand you can put a ring on but also a qsnap. Its very helpfull for me
I have fybromylagie and cant hold a qsnap for long because of the weight and the strain on my arms. Now with the stand I can use both hands stitching is going faster now. With the large HAED patterns its very easy.

Comments

Your welcome.  Details Reply Post time 2017-4-20 23:38
I'll have to take a look at this one. Thanks!  Post time 2017-4-20 23:36

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-10 17:56
| Show all posts
i am using table stand as it can be used as lap stand aswell .. i am loving my stand its so relaxing sitting on the sofa and laying back and stitch .. i also have floor stand but then my back is not supported . hope i was helpful

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-4-20 23:38
| Show all posts
Knabbelkatje 2017-4-20 04:27
I  ...

Your welcome.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-4 16:05
| Show all posts
shashengwandr 2017-5-10 17:26
I also prefer the hoop from DMC, the middle size because it does not hurt my shouder. I also have th ...

yes thank you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2016-12-7 15:04
| Show all posts
Es muy pesado hacer punto de cruz con marco solo. Venden pies de madera que se adaptan a cualquier marco.

Comments

Thanks for your idea!  Post time 2016-12-8 05:33

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-11 06:54
| Show all posts
I do all my stitching with a Q Snap.  Have just finished an Afghan which I did with a q Snap.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-10-4 16:03
| Show all posts
i do use a frame with a stand . i can use on sofa or table . its ajustable . my both hands are free

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-6 05:50
| Show all posts
I use a floor stand from Needleneeds in the uk best thing I ever purchased.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-10 18:08
| Show all posts
file:///D:/stand.jpg this is what i am using

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-5-10 18:12
| Show all posts
daisy.habibi 2017-5-10 10:08
this is what i am using

is the pic can be seen ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-28 20:19 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.163750 sec., 24 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list