| | |

PinDIY.com

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
Hot search: Doll Doll M p cat doll
View: 5915|Reply: 31
Collapse the left

[Skill Help] Floss through your needle...

[Copy link]
Post time: 2009-4-25 19:08
| Show all posts |Read mode
Honestly..i'm still confused about how many strings going through a needle when cross stitching.. i have been using two strings and which, when stitching, the strings double and in total four strings..hmm..weird description I'm giving..but hopefully someone will get it...

* string as in the smallest unit of the floss...

and the resulting works are kinda thick..and back stitching is also kinda annoying due to the packed holes...

Q: For a X (cross), each stroke of yours consists of how many strings? two? or four? (for the entire post..i'm referring to when stitching with 14ct fabric)..

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2017-1-25 19:05
| Show all posts
While I do use 2 strands in my needle for for when it says 2 strands, it is because I find it easier to undo any mistakes that way. What I do is after having threaded the needle with 2 strands, I leave one side of the threads somewhat longer than the other. The longer side is what I attach to what I have previously done (where I'm about to stitch), but it leaves me free to slip the needle off the other end of the threads at any time I want, something I have found very convenient. I still end up with only 2 strands per stitch- and no waste of money!

Sorry- as you know, a simple process but difficult to describe. Hope I made myself understood. Anyway, good luck on finding what works best for you. :)
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-3-14 04:28
| Show all posts
If you wanna stitch with 2 strand use the loop method and you only waste 1 strand of your floss, fold in half and you will have two, waste less, also don't rotate the needle in your hands

Use magic Report

Post time: 2023-12-10 08:53
| Show all posts
Nice and clear instructions. Thank you very much!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2017-1-23 07:05
| Show all posts
me too  =)) but only a few stitcches!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2022-2-11 02:44
| Show all posts
Following this thread

Use magic Report

Post time: 2021-1-28 18:52
| Show all posts
Useful info, thank you

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-4-25 19:31
| Show all posts
14 CT uses 2 STRANDS
that is using one strand to across the needle hole and you will get 2 strands (double and in total 2 stands) to stitch.
for X (cross) two strands /  and then two strands \.
See?

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2009-4-26 13:53
| Show all posts
yup...got it...what the hell..i have been using too many...waste of money..and get the hard work................

thanks liz~

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-4-26 20:01
| Show all posts
you are welcome.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-4-27 08:37
| Show all posts
Yes. I also used 2 strands on 14CT for the X stitches and 1 strand for backstitch.

And I used 4 strands only on 11CT.

But most of the times I will use 14CT fabric, it is just nice to use.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2009-4-27 08:58
| Show all posts
thank you guys...*sigh*....the works i have done..i have used 4 strands!!!! = =|||#

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-4-27 12:57
| Show all posts
4 strands all in 14Ct? it's too crowd.

Use magic Report

Author| Post time: 2009-4-27 15:24
| Show all posts
yes..it was too crowded......................then my fingers were all red...and the backstitching process was so painful.....and most importantly..a waste of money!!!!!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-4-27 17:11
| Show all posts
No wonder you had mentioned before that "Backstitching is very painful....", now I know why......:D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2009-4-27 20:01
| Show all posts
You will find it hard to pierce the fabric hole if you use 4 strands in 14CT. really painful, my first work is the hardest thing that I've ever done.... I used 4 strands in 14 CT. You are not alone, otaku!!!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-3-29 17:57 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.080182 sec., 18 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list