Register
View: 1450|Reply: 22
Collapse the left

[Tips Discussion] Confetti Stitches

[Copy link]
Post time: 2012-6-11 06:27
| Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by anniekins at 2015-8-7 18:14

What is the best way to finish off confetti stitches?  I want to make sure the back of my stitching is tidy, thanks for any tips :)

When someone visits this page from a link you share, you will be rewarded

Post time: 2024-5-16 16:00
| Show all posts
One thing you can do is stitch the rest of the design first, then iron on a light fusible interfacing on the back, then complete your confetti stitches, carrying them across the fabric, they will hardly be noticed, unless they are really dark.  It annoys me that people just leave mindless comments such as 'thank you for sharing' when they haven't even looked at your thread.
Reply Support Not support

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-15 23:54
| Show all posts
I've never heard of this, looking it up now!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-3-10 07:16
| Show all posts
Thank you for sharing!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-2-29 23:22
| Show all posts
Thank you for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-19 15:49
| Show all posts
Thanks for sharing

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-9 02:52
| Show all posts
Thanks for the info!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-5-14 16:53
| Show all posts
спасибо за советы

Use magic Report

Post time: 2024-4-1 16:13
| Show all posts
Большое спасибо!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 10:06
| Show all posts
I am so sorry no one has answered your post, but I've never even heard of confetti stitching. Google here I come!

Comments

Definition: Stitchers often refer to scattered single stitches as confetti stitches. The stitches are spread across the fabric as if they had been sprinkled like confetti.  Details Reply Post time 2012-7-16 10:09

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 10:09
| Show all posts

Definition: Stitchers often refer to scattered single stitches as confetti stitches. The stitches are spread across the fabric as if they had been sprinkled like confetti.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 10:09
| Show all posts
Ok, now that I know what' you're talking about, I can give you a good answer. As much as we all love to carry our thread, it does show through in some occasions. A good example of TERRIBLE carrying over would be in the Just Cross Stitch halloween book. It came out last year or the year before. One of the patterns had confetti stitches in black, and whoever they hired to stitch the sample carried the thread. And it showed through. Bad. So, it's best to just do as many as you can closely, but unfortunately bind off underneath. If it's just one stitch, I pass the needle through the back of the stitch a few times to hold it down. When I frame something with confetti stitches, I go around and put a piece of non-acid tape over them, so they don't come loose.

Comments

thanks for the tip  Post time 2013-1-2 23:01
Excellent answer! I do this, too. I hate it when threads show underneath. I'm very picky about that and my backs.  Details Reply Post time 2012-7-18 04:22

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-16 10:13
| Show all posts
I have no tips, when I have to do this kind of points in a very large work I dismiss the perfect back;P

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-18 02:04
| Show all posts
I love love love the Pinhead Stitch! You can only use it when stitching over 2 though. I know some people use it with adia but I have no experience with this. I was doubtful about the pinhead stitch at first, it really seems like you will be able to tell. But if you pull it tight enough (not too tight warp your fabric) you can not see it at all. I will start and stop with this on the same X, and still looks great.

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-18 04:22
| Show all posts
EvilPoptart320 replied at 2012-7-16 10:09
Ok, now that I know what' you're talking about, I can give you a good answer. As much as we all love ...

Excellent answer!  I do this, too.  I hate it when threads show underneath.  I'm very picky about that and my backs.
:)

Use magic Report

Post time: 2012-7-18 05:20
| Show all posts
There are lots of the confetti stitches in the HAED designs. I just do them one by one and finish it off. There is no stranding of cotton at the back and it looks much neater :D

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-23 17:55
| Show all posts
great tips i have a pattern with these stitches but hadnt done them yet. didnt know they were called confetti, learn something new everyday!!

Use magic Report

Post time: 2013-1-25 17:23
| Show all posts
great tips people yhanks very much

Comments

thats Thanks  Post time 2013-1-25 17:23

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

tag|FAQ|Dark room|Archive|search|PinDIY.com

2024-5-19 00:03 GMT+8 , Processed in 0.051586 sec., 15 queries , Gzip On, Redis On.

© 2009-2024 811

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list