KnittingAngel Publish time 2015-3-28 00:51

Knitting Backwards

for some reason some people hat purling. or maybe they don't want to do a lot of turning their work when dealing with a small knitting project, or turning a lot as you would have to do in Enterlac knitting.
so lets see if i can explain this so you can understand it. i haven't done this as yet. I don't have a problem with purling and i haven't tried enterlac either.

1. after knitting a row. instead of turning, leave your work facing you. Insert the left needle into the loop leaving it behind the right needle.

2. wrap your yarn around, back to frount and pull through the stitch. taking the remain loop of the right needle.

here is another explanation.

Hold yarn in your right hand.         
          Insert left-hand needle into stitch from row you just finished, inserting          needle from the front (left) toward the back (right).         
         The left-hand needle will be behind the right-hand needle.         
            To knit stitch, bring yarn over left-hand needle (lifting yarn up and            over the top of the needle)            
            Back left-hand needle out of stitch from previous row,being very             careful not to drop newly created stitch.            
            Slide stitch from previous row offright-hand needle.

i hope you found this informative and usefull.

badupiano Publish time 2015-4-3 11:49

it's nice to know the new knitting skill, but if you post more pictures, it would help people understand better
here is a youtube video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT-u3MBGFtI

juliamonadoan Publish time 2017-2-2 06:41

Have never heard about such method. Seems quite difficult if you are not both right and left handed...

kitaro320 Publish time 2022-5-29 06:33

static/image/common/user_online.gif juliamonadoan static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-2-1 16:41
Have never heard about such method. Seems quite difficult if you are not both right and left handed. ...

Not true. You can do this as an English knitter or a continental knitter and you can also purl backwards as an English knitter or a continental knitter.

clgram Publish time 2018-8-22 01:24

I love purling, but at times I can see the usefulness of knitting or purling backwards. However, whenever I try it, my stitches are not as even, so I haven’t done much with it. I guess I need to just give in and do a big swatch for practice.

knickkknacks Publish time 2022-4-30 04:35

this seems a little complicated haha but i knit english style and purl rows especially with a lot of stitch count takes soooo long to finish. would definitely give this tipa try though. thanks so much for sharing!

Gimliana Publish time 2022-5-6 00:53

Thanks for sharing, this helped me figure out why some guides were so hard for me, I held my knitting the wrong way. Without this it would've been more difficult to see.

jademonkey Publish time 2017-10-5 00:33

It does work and is quite easy once you get a rhythm going.This is something I've been meaning to try and now I have!
Thanks for posting.

benten03 Publish time 2021-12-7 18:42

static/image/common/user_online.gif badupiano static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-4-3 11:49
it's nice to know the new knitting skill, but if you post more pictures, it would help people unders ...

thanks for the link!

waiting4thesun Publish time 2018-4-8 08:19

Thank you for this! I like to knit backwards in the continental method when I have very short rows because I hate having to turn the work.

remibonus Publish time 2021-3-22 23:04

I have just knitted a baktus using this technique. It was fun! I am looking forward to use it in more complex knittings.

ldwire Publish time 2015-3-28 01:08

Great tip! Many thanks for sharing!

LilyMaid Publish time 2015-3-28 21:52

thanks for sharing :)

Kornelia50 Publish time 2015-3-28 22:07

Very nice one! Thanks :)

guru3819 Publish time 2015-3-28 22:24

thanks for sharing

cosimita Publish time 2015-3-29 21:04

Gracias!!! :):):)

justme Publish time 2015-4-1 14:29

Very nice information thank you will definately try

KnittingAngel Publish time 2015-4-3 11:59

static/image/common/user_online.gif badupiano static/image/common/clock.gif 2015-4-3 11:49 static/image/common/back.gif
it's nice to know the new knitting skill, but if you post more pictures, it would help people unders ...

i was unaware we could post youtube videos. the last time i tried i was not able to.

LNofTROY Publish time 2015-4-5 04:33

This is a really good tip!
LN
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
View full version: Knitting Backwards