loveinspanish Publish time 2017-12-15 12:19

Do You Prefer Circular Needles or DPNs?

For knitting hats and other circular things, what kind of needles do you prefer, circular or dpns?

toomuchreading Publish time 2018-1-20 04:31

I prefer circulars.If I use dpns, they always fall off my stitches, so I end up having to pick up stitches, even if I use something, like an elastic, to stopper the ends.I now do everything that I can 2 at a time, like sleeves and socks in magic loop.That way if I make a mistake, its done on both so they are the same, and it turns into a "design feature" instead of a mistake.It also less noticible.

bevcustom Publish time 2018-1-3 08:59

static/image/common/user_online.gif loveinspanish static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-1-2 16:47
thank you!

you're welcome. I hope this helps.

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-1-3 07:40

static/image/common/user_online.gif JoanneClark static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-20 05:44
Only circulars ~ I keep a set of the longest ones I can find and use them for everything ❤

I like that idea!I probably need to get some longer cords because I've decided to learn magic loop this year.

GreenWeaver Publish time 2018-1-3 06:53

I use 2 circulars for nearly everything in the round, though I do use both DPNs and the new Addi FlexiFlips for sock gussets and the thumbs and fingers on mittens and gloves.

DehbiK Publish time 2018-7-4 05:58

I use circular needles unless I am making socks.I make hats and use a 16" circular for those, but I like dpn's for socks, which I don't use very often.When I use dpn's, I make sure to move a few stitches to an adjacent needle making for a bit of a rotation so that there is no obvious (though slight) vertical gauge change line where I changed needles. I hope that makes sense. Not necessary to do that if you tighten up a little as you change needles, working your way around the tube, but that's kind of annoying to have to do.

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-1-3 07:37

static/image/common/user_online.gif barbaracs static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-31 08:45
I also use circulars with magic loop method. I could not get used to dpn's, however a friend knits w ...

YESSS!!I know what you mean!I see friends doing amazing things with dpns, but I feel so awkward.I just use them when my circle gets so small that I have to switch because either my other circs in that size are occupied or I don't feel like getting up to find the appropriate size circ or that's what I have or whatever else I can come up with... :P

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-1-3 07:33

static/image/common/user_online.gif Black_Cats static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-1-2 07:31
Circulars. I use magic loop and really it's magic!

I haven't learned or used magic loop.In fact, a long time ago, I bought a US 1 40" (I believe) for socks.I never used it, so I ended up giving it to a friend that wanted to learn magic loop for socks.Now, 4.5 years later, I want to sit down and learn magic loop and try to knit some socks.Go figure!

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-1-3 07:30

static/image/common/user_online.gif GreenWeaver static/image/common/clock.gif 2018-1-2 14:53
I use 2 circulars for nearly everything in the round, though I do use both DPNs and the new Addi Fle ...

I haven't tried the new flexiflips, but I want to.I've always used 2 circs and I feel almost like I'm fumbling with dpns when I have to use them.Dpns are definitely not my go to...

loveinspanish Publish time 2018-1-3 07:28

static/image/common/user_online.gif bevcustom static/image/common/clock.gif 2017-12-28 14:48
I prefer the circular needles. I get ladders using the dpn's.I usually use the magic loop method.

Not only do I get ladders with dpns, my gauge is much tighter, too.I think it's because I'm trying to prevent ladders and trying to keep my needles from slipping out of my work.

JoanneClark Publish time 2017-12-20 21:44

Only circulars ~ I keep a set of the longest ones I can find and use them for everything ❤

zhangqy1220 Publish time 2017-12-21 11:27

circular~ i use magic loop~

Katsie Publish time 2017-12-23 21:25

I also prefer circular needles - I use it for everything - Much better for my shoulders and back

nata0401 Publish time 2017-12-28 21:05

Only circulars

bevcustom Publish time 2017-12-29 06:48

I prefer the circular needles. I get ladders using the dpn's.I usually use the magic loop method.

barbaracs Publish time 2018-1-1 00:45

I also use circulars with magic loop method. I could not get used to dpn's, however a friend knits with dpn's and she does lovely work and does not like circulars so I suppose its what you are used to.

Black_Cats Publish time 2018-1-2 23:31

Circulars. I use magic loop and really it's magic!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
View full version: Do You Prefer Circular Needles or DPNs?