asunruiz Publish time 2013-6-29 21:45

I have used anchor with shades of colour and it gives a beautiful end to the chart

sassypants Publish time 2013-7-1 11:24

I have all the DMC variegated and I love them!!This is some great tips!I think next time I use a thread like this I won't do the "Loop" method :)

GrannyNeedle55 Publish time 2013-8-17 13:12

I will have to tell my girlfriend, she just did straight lines and didn't really like it.I wander around to get highlights.:)

tati60 Publish time 2013-8-18 00:37

pour avoir un beau rendu, je brode croix par croix.

seb0357 Publish time 2013-8-18 09:42

I have several skeins of it, but I have never used it in any pattern.I need to try something small and see what it looks like.

Lindy Lou Publish time 2013-8-18 11:09

I have just been reading all of the thoughts on Variegated thread. What would ot look like using one Strand of thread and the loop method and staggering the colours?

Mary.Jane Publish time 2013-8-20 01:01

Lindy Lou replied at 2013-8-17 23:09 static/image/common/back.gif
I have just been reading all of the thoughts on Variegated thread. What would ot look like using one ...

I think that using the loop method doesn't really achieve the purpose of variegated threads.I believe that the best effect is to use two strands of matching thread, and complete each cross stitch as you go.That way, the colour variations are visible as the stitches progress, as each stitch will be a somewhat different colour.
The piece I just started uses variegated thread (I'm trying to upload the picture, not sure if it worked).The inner border of the madela uses the variegated thread, and the colours progress as the thread changes colour. It's really effective, and very pretty.

seditas Publish time 2013-9-22 21:57

Creo que una de las formas es se hacer un cruz entera después de otra

thesquish9 Publish time 2014-1-4 02:56

Thanks for all the great tips!

TechnoGranny Publish time 2014-1-4 15:27

I complete each stitch when using hand-dyed fibers.Another thing I have done is cut out a section of the thread if I wanted a small area to be more solid or of a certain shade in the thread.I've also used this to make sure repeats of a motif scattered around a design where similar.This works particularly well with silks and with specialty stitches.
I hope this makes sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
View full version: How do you use variegated thread?